Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank (and I guess Chase) Question

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

US Bank (and I guess Chase) Question

Got a dumb question...so I've heard about US Bank having a 1/12 and Chase's infamous 5/24 rule. My question is, if I was approved for a card in March 2023, and my age of youngest account is showing as 12 months today in March 2024, does that mean that that approval is out of the 12 month range, or do I need to wait until My AoYA shows as 13 months? Similarly, if I was approved for the earliest of my 5 cards in March 2022, does that mean I'm now 4/24 as of March 2024, or would I have to wait until April 2024?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank (and I guess Chase) Question

You should wait until next month.  The "date opened" will be showing Mar 2023 (or Mar 2022 in your other question) and will still do so until the following month.  Wait until Monday...

Message 2 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

I'd wait. It's less than four days until April.

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@difringe wrote:

Got a dumb question...so I've heard about US Bank having a 1/12 and Chase's infamous 5/24 rule. My question is, if I was approved for a card in March 2023, and my age of youngest account is showing as 12 months today in March 2024, does that mean that that approval is out of the 12 month range, or do I need to wait until My AoYA shows as 13 months? Similarly, if I was approved for the earliest of my 5 cards in March 2022, does that mean I'm now 4/24 as of March 2024, or would I have to wait until April 2024?

I don't know about US Bank.

For Chase, I would wait until April. Why risk it? April's a couple of days away.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 6
FicoMike0
Regular Contributor

What is 1/12 for us bank? I just got a usb attitude connect visa, 2 hours ago. I was 3 new accounts in 12 months, 1 in 6. Now I'm 6/24, I don't like Chase anyway.  I can't seem to stay in the garden.  I have (had) a 772 tu fico8.  Well see what a hp and new account does.

Message 5 of 6
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

What is 1/12 for us bank? I just got a usb attitude connect visa, 2 hours ago. I was 3 new accounts in 12 months, 1 in 6. Now I'm 6/24, I don't like Chase anyway.  I can't seem to stay in the garden.  I have (had) a 772 tu fico8.  Well see what a hp and new account does.

+1

This January I added 2 US Bank CCs and Firstone CC, US Bank Infinite went to manual review but the Cash+ no issues!

@FicoMike0  Actually my score went down in February/March by few points but now its back to what is was, so not much of hit at all.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.