Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple approval but denied

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

Apple approval but denied

Just out of the blue I tried to app for apple. My last time I did (4+ years ago), I didn't get approved, I suspect it was my email address being blacklisted. Anyways I tried with a new one and updated income. I got pre-approved for $4000 SL, but I denied it as it was too litttle. Considering how Apple is gonna get dropped by Goldman sachs and it losing all it's luster. I think I will reconsider other cards. Anyways what do you guys think was 4K too little? I expected at least $6000 to 10K.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: Apple approval but denied

Congrats, I guess...haha. I personally don't think $4k is all that bad for a starting limit.

Message 2 of 12
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

An approval is an approval especially if the card works for you.

Message 3 of 12
citymunky
Established Contributor

$4K is enough to buy stuff at the Apple Store. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 4 of 12
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I would have kept it at $4k SL. It still had potential to grow.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 5 of 12
Tdatb64
New Contributor

@citymunky wrote:

Yeah, but why would anybody want to??? Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

I started wtih $4K with Apple about 3.5 years ago.   It's now sitting at $16K.   I would have taken it....

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 7 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

Just out of the blue I tried to app for apple. My last time I did (4+ years ago), I didn't get approved, I suspect it was my email address being blacklisted. Anyways I tried with a new one and updated income. I got pre-approved for $4000 SL, but I denied it as it was too litttle. Considering how Apple is gonna get dropped by Goldman sachs and it losing all it's luster. I think I will reconsider other cards. Anyways what do you guys think was 4K too little? I expected at least $6000 to 10K.

4K is all they ever offer me! Not that I want it anymore, just checking time to time...

However this is a starter card and noting special about its rewards! Perhaps once they move to another bank the reward structure would improve.

Message 8 of 12
citymunky
Established Contributor

@Tdatb64 wrote:

@citymunky wrote:

Yeah, but why would anybody want to??? :smileywink

IDK, the only Apple thing I personnel own is my iPad. My kids are into Apple. 

@MudkipsRKooL My SL for the Apple card was $4k, and once I accepted the card my limit was instantly bumped to $6.5K. CL is $7K.  I put at most $160 per month for my cell phone and internet bills. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 9 of 12
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I would have taken the offer.  This isn't the norm and is just but one DP of the Apple Card's growth. 

Apple Card CLI to 47K - myFICO® Forums - 6737344

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.