Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO reports DOES not match the actual credit bureau report

tag
dondk
Valued Member

myFICO reports DOES not match the actual credit bureau report

In my most recent 3B report I found an item under Equifax that is not on the credit report directly from Equifax. Thus, I cannot obviously dispute something that does not exist.

That brings up an interesting question, where is myFICO getting their data from? It clearly in my case is NOT from Equifax, so where is it from?

Is there a method to have myFICO correct their reporting when it does not match the credit bureau report. Let's be honest, they are generating a score based on information that does not exist.

3 REPLIES 3
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

Re: myFICO reports DOES not match the actual credit bureau report

@dondk wrote:

In my most recent 3B report I found an item under Equifax that is not on the credit report directly from Equifax. Thus, I cannot obviously dispute something that does not exist.

That brings up an interesting question, where is myFICO getting their data from? It clearly in my case is NOT from Equifax, so where is it from?

Is there a method to have myFICO correct their reporting when it does not match the credit bureau report. Let's be honest, they are generating a score based on information that does not exist.

Thanks for flagging this issue. Could you please call customer care 1-800-319-4433 so we can assist? We are unable to discuss credit data in the forums but customer care should be able to help troubleshoot.

Message 2 of 4
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@dondk, this is interesting. Please follow up to share if your issue was resolved and how, if possible. Thank you.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 3 of 4
dazzy
New Visitor

I would be interested to know if it got resolved as well. I have several times gotten "here's your new score" and I immediately log into equifax to find that they don't match.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.