Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason statements for 800+ scores

tag
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

Reason statements for 800+ scores

There is zero reason people with 800 or higher scores shouldn't be able to see reason statements on their score. 

It is not like reason statements somehow become useless from 799 to 800, or the stated rationale you can somehow do something more about age or credit or another factor at 750 vs 800.

We are paying for this information if you refuse to give us the same level of service as everyone else we deserve a discount.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rowdy_Randolf
Established Member

Re: Reason statements for 800+ scores

Hiya @Beefy1212 ,

I mean...I can't really see the counter-argument here. Seems like it would have been extra work (and code) to omit them for >800 scores. It's not like they magically no longer exist once you get excellent credit. This was a conscious choice on someone's part. And discount? Hah! I like the way you think! 

Message 2 of 5
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

It's been my experience that many consumers with high credit scores are upset and confused by negative reason statements, which they think are telling them they have bad credit.  Since not everyone that uses the MyFICO service is also an assiduous MyFICO forum lurker who would know why the negative reason statements are there and what they mean, I'd guess that they're suppressed at 850 in part to avoid upseting paying customers.

Message 3 of 5
Rowdy_Randolf
Established Member

Hi @Slabenstein ,

That argument makes good sense on the face of it, but how many people with exceptional credit who go to the trouble of paying for their ficos are novices who won't understand that there's always room for improvement? Surely that's a very small subsection of people, and they would always be welcome to ask about it if they were puzzled. I feel like @Beefy1212  made a valid point - there's no compelling reason not to display them. Much respect to you, even if I disagree Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 5
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

It's been my experience that many consumers with high credit scores are upset and confused by negative reason statements, which they think are telling them they have bad credit.  Since not everyone that uses the MyFICO service is also an assiduous MyFICO forum lurker who would know why the negative reason statements are there and what they mean, I'd guess that they're suppressed at 850 in part to avoid upseting paying customers.

Well as a paying customer I do want to see them, know they are not a reflection as my credit as whole and would like to continue seeing reasons for why my score is what it is.

If some customers are incapable of decerning the effect of reason statements from their scores perhaps myFICO should be making those statements clearer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.