Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico question.....

tag
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

MyFico question.....

Evening all,

I'm having trouble understanding the alerts section here and I'll explain why in hopes the guru's can shed some light....

On Sept 6th I applied and was approved for a NFCU card... I was hit with the inquiry on the 6th as expected... ( no point loss ) According to my credit karma and transunion credit report...  

I never received an alert on MyFico regarding the inquiry at all...I would have expected the inquiry to trigger an alert...  

Having said that.. I was hit with an alert today regarding an increase to my balance on one card.... my balance increased $6.00, yes, $6.00 bringing my total balance for said card to $240.00 of $5000.00...

I honestly do not understand why $6.00 triggers and a hard inquiry did not...

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: MyFico question.....

@willmsbrg wrote:

Evening all,

I'm having trouble understanding the alerts section here and I'll explain why in hopes the guru's can shed some light....

On Sept 6th I applied and was approved for a NFCU card... I was hit with the inquiry on the 6th as expected... ( no point loss ) According to my credit karma and transunion credit report...  

I never received an alert on MyFico regarding the inquiry at all...I would have expected the inquiry to trigger an alert...  

Having said that.. I was hit with an alert today regarding an increase to my balance on one card.... my balance increased $6.00, yes, $6.00 bringing my total balance for said card to $240.00 of $5000.00...

Thoughts?

https://www.myfico.com/legal/monitored-data 

you should get the update, it's just not instant like CK and your TU report directly would be. 

it's delayed, which is why combining myfico + experian + ck/tu service center/creditwise/myequifax is needed for complete on-demand credit coverage

image.png

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 6
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

Gotcha,

I do use all those for cross checking overall... 

Guess I will see how long the MyFico update will take..

I bet when that account reports my email will light up like a x-mas tree!!! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@willmsbrg wrote:

Evening all,

Thoughts?

1. A few of the alerts are customizable in Account > Settings > Alert Settings You could change the balance change threshold, but I wouldn't, because each time you get an alert you get your current FICO 8 score from that bureau tacked on to it.  So why limit the number of updates?

2. The alert for the inquiry may take some time. But it will come.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 4 of 6
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

1. A few of the alerts are customizable in Account > Settings > Alert Settings You could change the balance change threshold, but I wouldn't, because each time you get an alert you get your current FICO 8 score from that bureau tacked on to it. So why limit the number of updates?

2. The alert for the inquiry may take some time. But it will come.

I did see the alert settings but won't change anything on that as I want to keep informed regarding any changes...

I've no doubt it will come, it seems it was faster other times when an inquiry hit my scoreboard..  Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 6
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

Just a follow-up

I did get the alert for the inquiry today... No change in points though so that's good..

I will likely take a ding when the account reports though!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.