cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating account - possible to retrieve old messages and forum posts?

tag
credit_economist
Established Member

Reactivating account - possible to retrieve old messages and forum posts?

Hi MyFICO community,

I have just reactivated my account after a few years of being inactive. I see that all my old messages and forum posts have disappeared from my profile. The only information that remained was my profile name, avatar, description, and signature (mind you, I can't change the signature right now because my rank has been downgraded back to "New Visitor" but you can still see my old one displaying below).

Is it possible to somehow retrieve old messages and forum posts now that I am back? Or do I basically need to start from scratch?

If it's the latter, can I propose to the MyFICO product developers to change the algorithm for the future, so that users who have inactive for a long period don't lose their old messages and forum posts?

Thank you in advance for any advice & consideration!

[Mar. 2024]

Starting Score: 753
Current Score: 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Reactivating account - possible to retrieve old messages and forum posts?

@credit_economist wrote:

Hi MyFICO community,

I have just reactivated my account after a few years of being inactive. I see that all my old messages and forum posts have disappeared from my profile. The only information that remained was my profile name, avatar, description, and signature (mind you, I can't change the signature right now because my rank has been downgraded back to "New Visitor" but you can still see my old one displaying below).

Is it possible to somehow retrieve old messages and forum posts now that I am back? Or do I basically need to start from scratch?

If it's the latter, can I propose to the MyFICO product developers to change the algorithm for the future, so that users who have inactive for a long period don't lose their old messages and forum posts?

Thank you in advance for any advice & consideration!

The admin team implemented changes last year such that accounts that have been inactive for an extended period of time are removed.  You can read about the policy here.   Unfortunately there is no way to restore your old account or link the old posts to your new account. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
credit_economist
Established Member

Re: Reactivating account - possible to retrieve old messages and forum posts?

Thanks @pizzadude for letting me know!

It is too bad that my old posts are still on the forum, but disconnected from my profile. They could have still been useful to me, I could have still been able to be reahed by users about them, and reply to them. This way all of that potentially productive communication is lost. I would ask the admins to reconsider this policy. Thank you for your consideration, admins!

[Mar. 2024]

Starting Score: 753
Current Score: 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.