Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website refresh

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

website refresh

It looks like the forum got a nice refresh.  It is more up to date and seems easier to read on the mobile and desktop versions.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: website refresh

not a fan personally, the colors are fine, but the font looks like a toned down version of one of those joke fonts you can find to make things look 'hip' and 'cool' 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 10
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@GZG wrote:

not a fan personally, the colors are fine, but the font looks like a toned down version of one of those joke fonts you can find to make things look 'hip' and 'cool' 

I don't mind the font, but that blue color is too bright.  Hurts my eyes.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 3 of 10
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@GZG wrote:

I don't mind the font, but that blue color is too bright.  Hurts my eyes.

There are dark reader browser extensions  that are effective to combat the super high contrasts.

Message 4 of 10
Notgoddess

@GZG wrote:

It's just one of many similar looking Google Fonts.  They've become a default since they are cross-browser, and likely already loaded in your cache. 

Message 5 of 10
Notgoddess

Agreed.  I do wish one of the updates would have been to support a user's browser preference for light/dark.  But as you said, there are extensions available.

Message 6 of 10
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

There are dark reader browser extensions  that are effective to combat the super high contrasts.

My eyes thank you.  I just added the Dark Reader extension to Chrome.  Much better now.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 7 of 10
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

My eyes thank you.  I just added the Dark Reader extension to Chrome.  Much better now.

YW, me too-  I love Dark Reader.

Message 8 of 10
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

Definitely NOT a fan.  Very hard on the eyes and the new font, as was mentioned, makes it hard to differentiate between standard and bolded text.  It owuld have been nice had there been a discussion about a wholesale change to the forum design before just doing it.  I run my own forum and I would never make a change lie this without getting input from the members.

And while I know there are extensions available to change things, I shouldn't NEED to install something else just to make a webpage usable withou it blinding me.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 9 of 10
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@MileHigh96 wrote:

Definitely NOT a fan.  Very hard on the eyes and the new font, as was mentioned, makes it hard to differentiate between standard and bolded text.  It owuld have been nice had there been a discussion about a wholesale change to the forum design before just doing it.  I run my own forum and I would never make a change lie this without getting input from the members.

And while I know there are extensions available to change things, I shouldn't NEED to install something else just to make a webpage usable withou it blinding me.

Honestly I am fine with the new look maybe a tad bright but the gaint "get your free score" ad at the top of the page is obnoxious on my iPhone.

I get it, business in the business of selling stuff but holy Christ it is a little too on the nose, and redundant... guessing a pretty high percentage of forum goers are already have some level of myFICO scoring subscription already.

This giant ad seriously makes me want to not visit.

IMG_2358.jpeg

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.