Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member Question

tag
SteelCityPA
New Visitor

New Member Question

I was on the forum and very active at one time, however I had not signed in for some time. I went to sign on today and had to choose a new username. It appears that my old account has been deleted. Was there a purge after a certain amount of inactivity? I've been gardening now for about the past 5 years and wanted to update my signature. 

Thanks for any info.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: New Member Question

@SteelCityPA wrote:

I was on the forum and very active at one time, however I had not signed in for some time. I went to sign on today and had to choose a new username. It appears that my old account has been deleted. Was there a purge after a certain amount of inactivity? I've been gardening now for about the past 5 years and wanted to update my signature. 

Thanks for any info.

There was a change in mods/structure a few months ago and a bunch of member accounts appeared to get purged. A few members noticed and commented  over here. If your account has been made "anonymous" I don't think there's a way to recover it. You might DM a mod and ask about getting your user name changed back, if possible. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I don't have any more information other than what was posted above, as mentioned you can send a message to a Mod and ask. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
SteelCityPA
New Visitor

Okay thanks. I had a couple of thousands of posts in the past but had been absent (on purpose) as I was gardening and not tempted to do anything. I'll have to look for an admin and see if it can be restored. 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@SteelCityPA wrote:

Okay thanks. I had a couple of thousands of posts in the past but had been absent (on purpose) as I was gardening and not tempted to do anything. I'll have to look for an admin and see if it can be restored. 

Thanks.

I suspect that the posts are still there, probably just anonymized as mentioned above.   My guess is that they can't be relinked to your old account but worth asking them for sure.    

Message 5 of 8
CorpCrMgr
New Visitor

I have the same issue. I was fairly active and then didn't log in for well under five years, maybe under two years though I did look at what was going on now and then. My prior profile was changed to anonymous. I have the former name back.

Message 6 of 8
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

I don't have the name back. I couldn't sign in today, so I called CSR. Very nice guy who stated my email is already being used apparently from my changed to anonymous self. Using a different email, I had to resubmit my info. My former name is taken by my former sign in and cannot be utilized. 

Message 7 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

From what we've seen reported, there's no way to link an older account that's been purged to a new account:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Update-Regarding-Inactive-Accounts/td-p/670...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.