Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity On the Dark web

tag
Fester82
Established Member

Identity On the Dark web

According to the dark web scans on this website, a old address of mine was found on the dark web. Is it possible for me to request that address be removed due to potential identity theft? I can include a copy of the report that the old address is found on the dark web. Is that a possibility so my identity doesn't get stolen?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Identity On the Dark web

Moving this to Technical Help

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Fester82 wrote:

According to the dark web scans on this website, a old address of mine was found on the dark web. Is it possible for me to request that address be removed due to potential identity theft? I can include a copy of the report that the old address is found on the dark web. Is that a possibility so my identity doesn't get stolen?

Not sure if this is what you're asking but you can change your email address by following these instructions:

https://support.myfico.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038081373-How-do-I-change-my-email-address

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

If I understand what i think you are asking, in short, no.

The "dark web" is not a single place. It is a blanket term used to describe the many, mostly hidden, sites used by miscreants across the globe - although most heavily in places outside of law enforcement's reach such as Russia - where names, addresses, credit cards, social security number, passwords, etc. are bought and sold. Typically these are kept in large datasets and sold in bulk. They are built up, in part, from the seemingly endless data breaches we read about daily.

Practically, your best appoach is the standard advice: use long random passwords, two-factor authentication, monitor your credit report, check your bank statements.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.