Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like advice on a dispute

tag
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I'd like advice on a dispute

I just read the post about a score drop due to a dispute. I'd like to call on the collective wisdom here. First, I know it's silly, but I'd like to get the triple 800. I did the ssl trick and got to fico8

Eq 823

Tu 812

Ex 793

Getting out the reading glasses, I find a closed account on eq that's missing from tu and ex. The missing account is opened 2003, closed 11/2016. This is my oldest account. Oldest on the other two is opened 2015. 

Now, I realize this is going to drop off in a year or so, but if I could get it added to ex, it might give me the 7 points now.

I'm thinking, I don't want to dispute anything on the report, just a missing item. Should help or do nothing.

What do you all think?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Re: I'd like advice on a dispute

While closed accounts in good standing are kept till 10 a majority of the time, there's no requirement for them to do so.  Experian uses the terminology "may remain on your report up to 10 years", and I'm sure TU has something similar.  I'd say it's not even worth spending another 30 seconds to even consider disputing.  There's nothing good that will come from it and only the risk of some unintended consequence where they screw something up.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 2 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Thanks. Guess I will just garden.

Message 3 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Was the account on the others  prior?  You are over 800 on two CRA. Only one more to go!  

Message 4 of 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@FicoMike0 What's the age of your youngest account? Any inquiries due to be a year old anytime soon? Keeping your aggregate UTI low (under 5%) and gardening is a great idea, you'll be there before you know it. 

Message 5 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I don't recall the account ever listed anywhere but eq. I have closed accounts which are oldest and help average age. 10 years is less than two years away on all of them. 

Youngest account is one month, lol. I do have two inquiries from last June. In July I'll be 1/6, 2/12. There seems to be evidence that inquiries are binned, maybe I'll get points moving from 4/12 to 2-3/12 bin.

My strategy is, at 12 months before the closed accounts age out, go in garden, so when they do, my youngest will turn one year and I'll be 0/12 inquiries.

If course, I have a hard time staying in the garden.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.