cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else think the algorithm is wrong???

tag
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else think the algorithm is wrong???

If a cross listing of a family member with a bad account appears on your report, your score would drop. The very first CR I fixed was for the president of the company where I worked. A lot of cross listings. The president's son did not have good credit. Someone entered the information. Someone decided bad information should lower a CS. Someone programmed the system to take this information and adversary lower the score. 

I suspect that a lot of people don't check there CR and CS. I imagine these people go on with their lives never knowing the mistakes without merit that cause them to have poor credit. The CA take what is given to them without verification. 

One opens a new CC and a HP happens and the CS drops. Someone pays off an auto loan and the CS drops. 

Message 41 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

If a cross listing of a family member with a bad account appears on your report, your score would drop. The very first CR I fixed was for the president of the company where I worked. A lot of cross listings. The president's son did not have good credit. Someone entered the information. Someone decided bad information should lower a CS. Someone programmed the system to take this information and adversary lower the score. 

I suspect that a lot of people don't check there CR and CS. I imagine these people go on with their lives never knowing the mistakes without merit that cause them to have poor credit. The CA take what is given to them without verification. 

One opens a new CC and a HP happens and the CS drops. Someone pays off an auto loan and the CS drops. 

Once again, what does this have to do with programmers?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 42 of 53
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Who entered the program into the system? I'll bet it was programmers. Who entered "Log In"? I say it was a programmer. Who entered "Sign In"? Again, I'm going with a programmer.

When I stated "someone programmed the system..." in my prior post, I was referencing programmers. 

A few years ago where I worked we switched to a new system. The information entered into the new system was not consistent. 

How does one enter the name of the best in football university located in the state of Michigan? The University of Michigan? University of Michigan? UM? Univ of Mich? U of M? U of Mi? U of MI?

How about Ann Arbor Michigan ? Ann Arbor Mich? AA MI? A2 MI? 

Message 43 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Who entered the program into the system? I'll bet it was programmers. Who entered "Log In"? I say it was a programmer. Who entered "Sign In"? Again, I'm going with a programmer.

When I stated "someone programmed the system..." in my prior post, I was referencing programmers. 

A few years ago where I worked we switched to a new system. The information entered into the new system was not consistent. 

How does one enter the name of the best in football university located in the state of Michigan? The University of Michigan? University of Michigan? UM? Univ of Mich? U of M? U of Mi? U of MI?

How about Ann Arbor Michigan ? Ann Arbor Mich? AA MI? A2 MI? 

In the real world it doesn't work that way; programmers have virtually nothing to do with data; that is the realm of the Business Analysts, and in cases like this, compliance.

Message 44 of 53
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Who enters in the data? 

Message 45 of 53
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Gnomes? Gremlins? Maybe Brownies do it while you sleep.

Message 46 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Who enters in the data? 

Not the programmers; data comes from widely diverse sources, a few examples are, business analysts often provide static tables for lookup data, customers for some personal data, customer service for activity data..., the list goes on and is enormous.

Message 47 of 53
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

When we switched systems, data was entered in several ways. No business analysts entered any data. Abbreviation were wrongly entered in some cases. Terms we're not correctly entered. We had to hire someone to fix the mistakes. Going back to where the wife worked, her job became fixing mistakes entered by programmers. 
I work in credit. I have never worked with a business analyst. I do work with IT people. 

Message 48 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

When we switched systems, data was entered in several ways. No business analysts entered any data. Abbreviation were wrongly entered in some cases. Terms we're not correctly entered. We had to hire someone to fix the mistakes. Going back to where the wife worked, her job became fixing mistakes entered by programmers. 
I work in credit. I have never worked with a business analyst. I do work with IT people. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree, I maintain no programmers should ever have access to production data without oversight, and this goes doubly since the advent of Sarbanes-Oxley.

Message 49 of 53
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@AlgorithmIsWrong see some of the postings in the "Credit Card" forum under Citi Cash Product Change to Custom Cash.  Errors regarding bonuses. This is a programming error. 

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.