cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's taken a minute but I closed my Rings

tag
CodeRED1

It's taken a minute but I closed my Rings

I hope I'm posting in the right place... I'm sharing to support others on their Journey. I'm not here to flex but to show it can be done.I'll be brief.

I was a hap hazard user of credit for many years and in 2014 I decided to take control of my destiny. My Goals were simple:  Exceptional Credit. I acheived that goal by 2020 but one aspect of it was to reach Perfect Fico8, which was finally made this month.

2014 Starting Point: FICO8 613 618 628

I had some public records and late pays on previous car loan that would expire in 2016 SO I pushed forward not wanting to wait.

I started by Leasing a new car from BMW. I had no credit cards, no mortgages no other loans of any kind. Every payment on time for 36 months. During that time i aquired a few credit cards The ususal suspects NFCU, Chase and Amex. Used and PIF every single one every single time. Then I leased another car in 2017 and added more cards. Then I bought a house with virtually no money down at 5.5%, refi'ed it twice to get to 2.3% plus I was paying an extra principle payment every month. More cards - Today I have 26 of them, mostly rewards, which I get between $5000 and $8000 a year in cash and perks net of annual fees. All in all lots of planning and persistance to reach these goals. It can be done.

2024 Point: FICO8 850 850 850

Closed RingsClosed Rings

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Re: It's taken a minute but I closed my Rings

Wonderful achievement!  Congrats!  

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 2 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your awesome achievement! You beat the game 🤑💪👏

Message 3 of 14
keekers
Established Contributor

Congratulations! That's awesome.

Message 4 of 14
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Congrats!  

Message 5 of 14
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on this amazing achievement and all the progress you've made over the years to get to this moment!

Message 6 of 14
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nicely done, congratulations!

Message 7 of 14
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Great job! I'm hoping to reach 850 with one card. Equifax is four points away.

Message 8 of 14
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I'd love to see an 850, right now I'm trying to get all three above 800. Ex is the holdout at 794. I did the ssl trick, got close. I suppose it will creep up if I stay in the garden, but what fun is that?

Message 9 of 14
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Amazing achievement and a testament to all of your hard work!  Congratulations!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.