Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Information Removed

tag
amfetamyne
Established Member

Negative Information Removed

Hello!

So, I continue to move forward on this credit journey and watch my scores closely as I continue to rebuild from poor choices made previously. Recently, I've been getting notices via email that "a delinquent/past due account was recently removed from your report."

What does that mean? And these emails don't tell you which negative information was removed. How do I determine what it was that was taken off? And why don't I see a bump in my scores as a result?

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance!

Started from the bottom...

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
13 REPLIES 13
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: Negative Information Removed

Who sent you the email? If it was credit karma log in there. If it was santa, consider it a gift.😆😆

Message 2 of 14
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Have to agree with @FicoMike0, who sent the emails? I assume you have some kind of credit monitoring account with them, you'll need to login to the account and see what alerts are there.

In any case if you have multiple similar derogs, the score jump will happen when the last one drops off. For example if you have 5 90 day lates around the same time, you won't see much change when the first 4 drop off. When the fifth one drops off and you don't have any 90 day lates from that timeframe, you will see the score improvement.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Whoever sent the email. Login and you'll see the changes. If its CK. Click on "see whats changed"

Message 4 of 14
amfetamyne
Established Member

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Who sent you the email? If it was credit karma log in there. If it was santa, consider it a gift.😆😆

Sorry...to be clearer, these emails are from MyFICO itself. I have a subscription to the credit reporting and monitoring feature.

Message 5 of 14
amfetamyne
Established Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Whoever sent the email. Login and you'll see the changes. If its CK. Click on "see whats changed"

No, it's from MyFICO. Then when you look at the Member Dashboard and Alerts, you'll see an alert that says "A delinquency/past due account was removed from your credit report" but it doesn't tell you WHICH delinquency/past due account it was that was updated.

Message 6 of 14
amfetamyne
Established Member

@FlaDude wrote:

Have to agree with @FicoMike0, who sent the emails? I assume you have some kind of credit monitoring account with them, you'll need to login to the account and see what alerts are there.

In any case if you have multiple similar derogs, the score jump will happen when the last one drops off. For example if you have 5 90 day lates around the same time, you won't see much change when the first 4 drop off. When the fifth one drops off and you don't have any 90 day lates from that timeframe, you will see the score improvement.

These are from MyFICO itself.

OK, that helps (regarding when the score update will occur). Still curious as to what the change was. That's also unclear.

Message 7 of 14
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@amfetamyne  MyFICO doesn't allow you to see your past CR? Even only a month or two back would allow you to find out the removed account. 

Message 8 of 14
amfetamyne
Established Member

I do pay for credit reports from MyFICO. But since these changes sometimes occur between the report updates (which take place on the 16th of each month for me). So I'll have the previous month's report, but still no idea of the change until the report updates on the 16th-17th of the month.

Message 9 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Just compare your last month report to this month report or see what account is missing from your negatives!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.