cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2023!

tag
projectmp

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2023!

Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
becca0465
New Visitor

Married mom of 3 under age 8. Most of my negative impact debt is student loans at this point, but this past year we had to move out of a house we were renting due to owners deciding to sell unexpectedly. We had to choose between short term condos for the fall or pay the final month of rent and be homeless. We now have the unpaid rent on credit records. My scores aren't horrible because student loans are either being discharged due to a class action against one school I hd almost $20k in loans at but they have up to next yr to remove and report change to credit bureaus so my student loan debt shows over $50k total and I've been disputing due to finding fraudulent amounts, dates and inaccuracies in general.

we had a garnishment fall off our credit reports and that actually dropped our scores significantly because that also was being misreported twice, we hve gone through cupboards on that and the complaints been reffered tot the ftc and such due to misrepresentation by the lawyers and lenders.

so really my goal is to get the bump to be able to pursue a home. I've not owned one and I'd like stability and to get back to my home based business projects that are building their own business credit but had to be paused due to the move and finances.

I have a capital one Walmart rewards card $500 line of credit and capital one has been an utter joke Misreporting my balance and payments as well as charges allowed after I found fraud on the acct just this past week. 

I also got a Barclays old navy store card I thought my reports were frozen so to get a 40% added discount for kids clothes I let them do an app but I was approved so I now have a $450 line with that. It has already reported but first bill only just came.

no bankruptcies, no repossessions. Husband hs stable full time income and we both have reported self employment since 2017 but not enough to live on since we had just begun to get real business when we had to pause.just here to be better than where I came from sorry for the book 

Boosteditoffroad
Message 22 of 26
StartingPeon
New Visitor

Started beginning this year (2023) to actually work on my credit after it dipped to sub-550 score late last year. I believed most of my credit life I just kept hovering around between 600-650, having a repo early in life and then two charged-offs years later that is still haunting me to this day. I have recently started an LLC as well so I'm gong to be working on both personal and business credit at the same time, oh and I got my first credit business card just recently!

Reading this forums and also other sources out there has really given me a lot to think about, work on, and education about credit in general. I understand there are no fast way but I will keep working while implementing the stuff I've learn from here.

So far since I've started this journey, I've been happy with results it being around 550 (idk individual bureau score then) but all three has received significant increases so far.

Currently EX: 703, EQ: 690, TU: 627. 

ps: The wide gap between my bureaus are due to my two charged-offs I've mention earlier. Both charged-offs have fallen off in my Experian, only one in my Equifax, and both are still present in my Transunion.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 26
us-east-nomad
Established Member

I started my credit journey in 2021 with a few secure credit cards. Later down the road, I got approved by Capital One and Discover.

My goal for 2023 is to increase my CL. In the long term, I am also planning to buy a new home and shift away from renting.

My FICO forum has been really helpful in getting insights into credit card applications and approval processes for different banks and credit unions.

My current score with the different credit bureaus -> Experian: 760, Equifax: 759, Transunion: 746

Capital One Platinum Mastercard | $450Capital One Walmart Rewards Card | $1,000Discover it Cash Back Credit Card | $9,500Capital One Quicksilver Rewards | $5,500PNC Cash Rewards Visa | $5,500Apple Credit Card | $9,000

Message 24 of 26
para_ella

Retiring in a few years but will still need an income/work. Figuring it out. Want to have as much credit available to me to be flexible in my future endeavors while nurturing my credit score up to 815 from 790. I'm aware that anything past 800 is futile but would like some wiggle room. Keeping my eyes on the goal while still enjoying life, the majority of days anyways.

Message 25 of 26
Late2theGame
New Contributor

Greetings everyone,

My current goal is to save money and raise Fico 8 credit scores above 800 for the time being. The saving of cash is for a down payment on a home. The market isn't great and I am simultaneously paying down a new truck loan as rapidly as I can so this is likely to be a longer term goal than I would like.

Technically my credit scores should qualify me for the best interest rates but I also welcome the distraction as bringing them above 800 is likely to occur quicker than getting a home. 

Starting Score: EQ:791 | TU:785 | EX:781
Current Score: EQ:791 | TU:785 | EX:781
Goal Score: EQ:800 | TU:800 | EX:800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.