Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

November 2023 Check-In Thread

Places-to-visit-in-November

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judging zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: November 2023 Check-In Thread

November 1 3B pull scores are still trending generally upward.

Eq 8 778 and Ex 8 777 are getting dangerously close to my goal of having all three FICO 8 scores at 780+. TU still lags behind, and I have a recent inquiry on TU that doesn't help.

Four scores are 800+, Eq Bankcard 8 803, Ex Bankcard 8 806, Eq Bankcard 9 803, and TU Bankcard 9 800.

(I had two 800+ scores last month and none for a couple years prior to that.)

Eq 10 is my lowest score at 744. I think this is the first time in the several years I've been tracking them that every single score is 740+.

Average across all 40 scores is up 4.525 points.

Big jumps in TU 4 +25 to 770, TU Auto 4 +25 to 777, and TU Bankcard 4 +24 to 768. All of my 5/4/2 variations (&3) did well. These are scores that have usually lagged behind for me.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 2 of 5
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Another page on the calendar, another month of gardening. Down to 1/12 right now and trying to hold steady.

I moved a couple of months ago and had some high utilization from furniture and other household expenses. I do PIF, but only on the due date as I'd rather earn interest on the funds than pay early. The temporary result was a bump in utilization and a 20+ point drop in my scores. It bounced back this month.

For now, just waiting to see if AmEx will give me a decent offer to upgrade my BCE to the BCP…

Message 3 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Another boring month of gardening and watching paint dry, er watching my scores do just about nothing. I have a pretty tight dime grouping in my scores. I got a +3 bump on EQ F8 to 848, EX and TU remain at 847 for now. I am not sure why (other than aging) I got the 3 point bump on EQ today. I expect that both will hit 850 on 11/9 when my last scoreable INQ turns a year old. I don't have a way to see TU right away, so I'll have to wait a couple weeks until Discover updates after the statement closes on 11/25. I wish I had a way to track my TU F8 the way I can with the other bureaus.

I don't plan to app for anything, so my 850s should be around for a minute. I'm at the mercy of time passing to achieve 850 on EQ. I don't have any scoreable INQs there.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I hit 850 on one and 849 on another when that last INQ turned a year old. Cruel move there, EX! I now have to figure out what the passage of time threshold is for the youngest account to get the last point on EX and the last two on EQ. 15 months?

Screenshot (176).pngScreenshot (177).pngScreenshot (178).png

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.