Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2023 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

October 2023 Check In Thread

october.jpeg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: October 2023 Check In Thread

October 1 3B pull looks good. None of my scores went down. A handful had no change and the others went up. I gained an average of 4.6 points across all 40 FICO scores.

Very little movement on FICO 8. Eq stayed the same, TU went up 1, and Ex went up 2.

Lowest score is Eq FICO 10 at 739.

Highest are Eq Bankcard 9 and TU Bankcard 9, both at 802. Those are the first 800 scores I've seen in a long time. (I've had a few  in the past, but not many and not often.)

My CLI on the US Bank Cash+ has not reported yet.

I did owe $349 of $2k, 17%.

Now I owe $596 of $10k, 6%. I'm hoping to see a little bump from dropping below 10% utilization on that card, even if the dollar amount owed did go up.

Agregate utilization is down. That's probably the main thing contributing to my score improvements.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 2 of 6
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

I moved in August and ran up some balances with new furniture, causing my score to drop just over twenty points. I always PIF, however when the new balances reported my score fell. I expect that to recover when the next cycle reports.

Beyond that, my gardening is continuing, but still at 2/12. I did rise to the palladium spade though Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I don't plan on apping for anything in October. I tapped my HELOC pretty hard for a project and it'll hold a relatively high balance for the next few months. I'll lose some points during that period--all good. It's best for our family.

That's all I have...boring.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

I just took hit to my score because some of my balances increase but i just got a $5000 CLI on my Tower Federal CU card. I plan on paying off 1 or 2 accounts next month.

Next card i really want is the new refreshed Amex Business Gold.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Shortg334
New Visitor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.