Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

September 2023 Check-In Thread

Debunking-Some-Bunk-Is-September-Really-That-Bad-a-Mont-440x250

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins are optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgement zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: September 2023 Check-In Thread

My goal for September is to hold pat and let my accounts age. As my scores were making their ascents towards 850, it was very exciting to see the daily ups and downs. Now, I get more excitement out of watching paint dry than I do looking at my reports on a daily basis. I was hoping to get some points on TU when two INQs turned one year old on August 20. Got nada. I'm assuming they deduped and got lumped in with the INQs from Sept 17. The INQs from August and September were for two different vehicles.

The simulator for EQ says I can achieve 850 by letting my reports age three months. The EX simulator says I can't achieve 850 in the next two years no matter what. It will only go to 849. I don't believe that and think I could get there in November when my last INQ turns a year old.

I have a project coming up and will need to tap my HELOC, so all this quest for 850 might have to take a back seat as the HELOC will report high utilization for a minute.

Sorry that my check in is extremely boring, but I am only reporting the facts. I'm eligible to pull my 3B reports through EX on 9/11, though I might try to hold out until the 17th to see if there are any changes to the scores. We shall see...

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
mgood
Valued Contributor

September 1 3B pull, for only the second time in the almost three years I've been monitoring my scores, all forty FICO scores went up!

Increased an average of 13.3 points across the forty scores.

Eq Bankcard 5 went up 52 points Smiley Surprised

A handful went up only 1 point.

My highest score is TU Bankcard 9 at 798. (I haven't seen an 800+ score in quite some time, but that's getting close.)

All but three of my scores are 740+. Eq Auto 5 is 728, Ex Bankcard 2 is 734, and Eq 10 is 738.

5/4/2 and Auto 5/4/2 and Bankcard 5/4/2 and 3 still lag behind the others but all the 5/4/2 variations (and 3) went up by surprising amounts.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 5
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

My utilization has increased because i paid off 1 card to $0 balance so the spend i was dividing up between my cards was added to other cards, i thought my score was gonna drop but its actually gone up 8 points since updating accounts.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Good afternoon. Updating my progress towards 850. I got +5 on TU when the INQs and account turned a year old on the 17th. I got a notification from Discover Card today to check my updated FICO score and was pleasantly surprised to see TU hit 847. I suspect that I probably got a couple points from EQ as well, but my alerts are stuck and I'm getting no movement at all. Hopefully, that changes soon.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.