Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

August 2023 Check-In Thread

month-6389734_1280

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that popped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a judgment-free zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: August 2023 Check-In Thread

The gardening continues, unabated, despite some temptations along the way Smiley Wink

I did have a SP CLI on my Apple/Goldman card reported in another thread.

Message 2 of 9
mgood
Valued Contributor

August 1 3B pull shows my scores up by an average of 3.75 points from last month across all 40 FICO scores. This after a few months of going down. Long way to go to get back where I was - I think I've lost about 18 points, so getting back 3.75 is not huge, but at least it's movement in the right direction. No baddies to get rid of, just paying down debts and letting inquiries and new accounts age.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Happy August MFers! Another month of laying low. The longer I go without making an app, the better I feel about it. The urges are waning, because I'm not spending a lot of time in the CC forums. Smiley Very Happy

By month's end, I'll have an account that turns one year old, so hoping I get a point or two on each bureau. My new weird secondary mission is to have zero INQs on my reports. That's a long way off--15 months. We'll see.

TTFN!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Woo-hoo! My sole INQ on EQ turned one year today. I got +5 for that INQ aging--now 845.

Message 5 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Was able to pull my 3B report today through EX and received six TU flavored FICOs. All F8 scores in the 840s now.

Message 6 of 9
us-east-nomad
Established Member

I have applied for 3 new credit cards and was able to get 2 of those.

2 of those were on my wishlist and 1 kind of unplanned:

1. I got approved for PNC with CL of $2.5k.

2. Got declined for Penfed even initiated a pre-qualify process that has resulted in a hard inquiry (discussed in a separate thread).

3. Got a card from Apple with a good CL of $7k.

Capital One Platinum Mastercard | $450Capital One Walmart Rewards Card | $1,000Discover it Cash Back Credit Card | $9,500Capital One Quicksilver Rewards | $5,500PNC Cash Rewards Visa | $5,500Apple Credit Card | $9,000

Message 7 of 9
mgood
Valued Contributor

This month I have managed to get from AZE9 to AZE4.

It would have been AZE3, but a $13 charge slipped through on the statement date of my Evergreen. Too late to pay it before statement cut and too early to just go on the next statement.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 8 of 9
Utilization1

Happy Friday to all 😀 . August has been good to me I managed to close 1 low limit (1k) amex card while getting approved for a new account (still low but better) Amex Everyday the old card reported at the same time as new card therefore I lost no fico points. 

A few hard inq fell off EX-(gained 3 fico points) .

My zales comenity card still keeps me up at night and makes my skin crawl (2,200 CL) it's a card I have to give life support . It's a card that has played its part for 2 years in my credit build . I fear comenity will close the account due to its inactive state. That's my rant on comenity bank. Looking forward to my next goal of my first AMEX CLI cheers 

(Utilization 8%)Discover IT $9000; Discover IT BT $9000; Amex Everday $4,000; $Amex Hilton Honors 2,000; Bcu cash Rewards $5000; Bcu Travel $5000; Bcu Simply Visa 4,300; Cap1 Walmart Mastercard $1,100; Apple Card $3000; GM Mastercard $3;500; Zales Comenity $2,200…Ch13 2016 ; 2023 Experian fc8 (759) Equifax fc8 (712) TransUnion fc8 (749) Credit build scores 2020 EXP (590) EQ (525) TRN (579)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.