Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2023 Check-In Thread

Megan's Month: July 2017 – Beyond 20 Something

I know you guys are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule? Hope you are staying safe during the quarantine!

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones? The year is flying by!

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: July 2023 Check-In Thread

Another quiet month of gardening for me.

I am up to a new gold spade (for those who remember the old garden club) having passed the six month mark.

Message 2 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Happy July! I'm going to hold tight again this month as I don't have a need for any credit products at the moment (though I still want the AmEx BCP). I'm trying to see if I can get one of my reports to 850, even if it's only for a day. I recently discover DW hit 850 for a week on EX last August, before we bought her new car. EX is closest, but have a couple of inquiries that won't turn one year old until Sept and Nov. EQ has the most realistic chance, if they will ever update my CC balances. Odd that my CFU updated with EX on 7/2 and TU on 7/3. Still waiting for EQ to acknowledge the $0 balance. I have one EQ INQ that will turn a year on 8/7.

Good luck chasing down your credit goals.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

My scores have recovered the points lost last month and gained a couple more so far, i have 2 vantage scores in the 700 club which im happy about but working on the FICO 8's. Im working on bringing my Utilization back down currently 21%, i keep going up and down between 17%-22%. Hopefully by the end of the year i will have it >10%. I was denied for the WF BILT card and turned down for the Gold card...i pay my statement balances with Amex but been carrying balances on my cards. The Gold card is my goal card, contemplating if i want to upgrade my Sapphire Preferred to the Reserve.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 4 of 7
us-east-nomad
Established Member

My scores have recovered from the last couple of months since my usage has been on the higher side: above 30%.

Experian: 760, TransUnion: 746, Equifax: 759.

My planned credit cards to get are Penfed Platinum Reward, Amazon Prime Card, TJX Reward Credit Card, Amex No Annual Fee Credit Card.

Capital One Platinum Mastercard | $450Capital One Walmart Rewards Card | $1,000Discover it Cash Back Credit Card | $9,500Capital One Quicksilver Rewards | $5,500PNC Cash Rewards Visa | $5,500Apple Credit Card | $9,000

Message 5 of 7
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Happy July! It's been a busy summer so far with our new home and all the various projects keeping me busy. 

I've hit the sub for my new CSP, so looking forward to seeing the 80k points hit. Not sure what I'll do with em, maybe keep saving them up. I know using em as cash back isn't the best in terms of value, but maybe I'll do that. 

I have the itch to apply for a new card already. I've been thinking either another discover for that cash back match, or the Amex BCP. My new house codes the neighborhood market Walmart right down the street as groceries so that would mean id be maxing out that cap every year, and can still use my BCE as a back-up and at Sam's club (using their scan&go) for 3%. Decisions...

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2024: EX 668, TU 671, EQ 646
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Message 6 of 7
kun0ra
New Visitor

Hanging in there. Finally got a lot of my older accounts caught up and current. Makes me happy. Paying things off with large payments. Everything is on autopay with a fixed amount. Just cruising now. I have a much better relationship with my money and spending habits. Playing the credit gardening game now. I've brought my score up past 750 before, I can do it again. 

Starting Score (Mar 2022): FICOs TU: 513; EX: 490; EQ: 520
Current Score (Jul 2023): 580
Goal Score: 600

Starting my journey in a new season of life. Went from 600s (2015), to over 750 (2017), to this in 2022: FICOs TU: 513; EX: 490; EQ: 520. Life happens. On the road to 800.

Wallet: Amex Delta Reserve, BoA Cash Rewards, Navy Fed GoRewards Visa Signature, Capital One
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.