Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

June 2023 Check-In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, just encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a judgment-free zone. Feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.  

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Tcal
Regular Contributor

Re: June 2023 Check-In Thread

It's mostly been a CLI kinda month. Paypal doubled my CL, which i think encouraged Chase to give me $400. Which encouraged Disco to give me $400. Funny how that works. 

Tried to recon with citi burned a HP doing so. I wish I knew how their recon worked, I wouldn't have wasted my time. (Possibly dodged a bullet there?)

On the bright side, I got an email from Redstone to apply for their Visa Signature. After looking at the DPs and seeing that they are very lenient, I decided to try to scratch a card off my wishlist.

Instant approval $5k. 

So some Ls with some Ws this month. 

Hopefully $5k showing up on my credit report will get my lenders to start giving me better CLIs 👀. Comenity being the odd hold out rn. 

Message 2 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Tcal !

Message 3 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Happy June everyone! I paid my BoA car loan down to $101. My next payment due is February 2026. I'll keep it out there for a few more months, at least to help my credit mix. I disputed the balance on my Genesis Finance loan so it should report $0 in short order. Then, BoA will be the only installment loan on my reports.

My 0% on HH Surpass ends this month, so I'm paying that down to $0. I should get a few points from moving to 0% util from 36% on that card.

Currently, EX is at its highest score ever (832) and the others are near their highest. I'm very curious about the effect of the Genesis loan reporting $0 on my reports.

I'll report back when it updates.

Not apping for anything, though the AmEx BCP is still tempting me--easy $250 SUB and 6% on groceries is tempting. I want my INQs to disappear. Also, for the first to my knowledge, Chase has given me "green star" pre-approvals. All for their Ink Cards (Ink, Business Premier and Business Preferred). The $100K bonus on the preferred would be nice, but nah! I don't need any more business cards at the moment.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Still gardening. Despite temptations - and there are many - I've held firm! In a few days I'll graduate to a gold spade…

I've been wanting a CLI on my Apple/Goldman card, so I've been shifting spend to the Apple Card for the last couple of months. I also bought a Mac Mini, to replace my 7+ year old iMac and put it on a 0% APR installment plan on the card. Whilst I hope that will help show the usage that Goldman seems to want, it does bring my utilization on that card up a bit… and my FICO 8 dropped around 15 points (depending on CRA) when it reported.

Message 5 of 15
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

I lost 4 point because my utilization increased again about 5 % but i also paid off a non-auto installment loan and paid down other accounts. Still hoping for a CLI with Amex and want the Gold card and the BILT card next.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 6 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

I lost 4 point because my utilization increased again about 5 % but i also paid off a non-auto installment loan and paid down other accounts. Still hoping for a CLI with Amex and want the Gold card and the BILT card next.

Good luck @Mdowning30 . Congrats on lowering your debt!

Message 7 of 15
Utilization_2
New Visitor

June has already started off as the month of growing and losing fico points. Experian aged my chapter 13 off early gained 34 points , CLI from the prior month came one day to late ...I lost 16 points the very next day my utilization dropped by 2% . I am proud to have been rejected by Amex for a bucketed card it . I finally 🙌 saw the YOU ARE PRE- APPROVED message for Amex branded card. This is my first mf post. I have learned so much from the members for the last 3 years on building my blighted thin profile.  Cheers 

Message 8 of 15
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Another month already.. 

In May I was approved for the CSP with an 80k sub, which is now my highest limit card. No other changes in credit much. Curious to see many many points drop after that reports. Also, my student loans are getting moved to another account so they closed my current loans and it doesn't show any on my credit right now. For some reason this dropped my score a few points, not sure why. I have open installment loan with the car. 

I'm back in the garden after that approval. First month living in our new home as well which has made our finances tighter. The end of this year a lot of INQs will fall off, so that'll be nice. Just gonna set the speed for cruise control for now. 

The only thing I'd really like still is a 2% card, but that'll come eventually. For now im stacking up Chase UR and using the FU for all misc purchases. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2024: EX 668, TU 671, EQ 646
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Message 9 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Utilization_2 

If AMEX wasnt included in your BK. Its 5yrs and a month to get in. And the point loss will regain itself once it post the 2% on the next update. Util has no memory.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.