cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy/Cbna Reporting CO with $0 Bal

tag
merjr23

Best Buy/Cbna Reporting CO with $0 Bal

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. I have this BestBuy Citi acct opened 1/2008, last activity 10/2018 EQ 11/2018 TU, closed 2/2019 EQ and TU, credit limit 4850 Bal 0. It is continuing to report CO monthly to EXP but NR to both EQ and TU. EXP does not have a last activity or closed date. My assumption is I am getting dinged for the CO, but am I also as well for util as there is no balance being reported? Also, should it be reporting to EXP at all or should I call them adress the account?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy/Cbna Reporting CO with $0 Bal

It's good that it has a zero balance. Go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your reports from there.

You'll see the date of first default (DOFD) that led to the CO status. That will let you determine  when it's eligible for removal.

If you dispute this, it's likely to update and ding your scores more.

Message 2 of 3
merjr23

Re: Best Buy/Cbna Reporting CO with $0 Bal

Thanks for the info! It appears it is due to fall off July 2025. Are my options wait until this occurs, contact them and make an arrangement or can I request a faster removal given its age? 

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.