Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! Lending Club help!

tag
romcom2021
New Visitor

Ugh! Lending Club help!

Need advice and guidance.  I had a charge off with Lending Club back in July 2017.  So, now I'm very close to this falling off my credit report.  I tried to get an early exclusion on it (mistake!) and it appears now that Lending Club reported back to the credit bureau that I had a recent late payment.  I can't see it on my report unless I look down at the bottom and it says "hurting your credit score" - recent late payment in the last two months.  It was the only thing on my report that had any update so think it's something they reported to the bureau.  I also can't see the past payment history anymore either.  And my score dropped 50 points!  What do I do? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Ugh! Lending Club help!

wait until Aug - it will drop off

you 'woke' them up - but i bet those 50 pts are mostly back in the next month

just let it get dropped naturally at this point - sometimes the EE does not work

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 5
BrighterFuture

Just curious, how can LC report a recent late payment if one did not occur?

Doesn't the Fair Credit Reporting Act prevent bullies like this from doing harm to someone?

Message 3 of 5
KateInquires
Contributor

Was it paid?
Message 4 of 5
Friendlyfranknbeans
Established Member

When you file for an EE the credit bureau will investigate your claims and comb through your payments and accounts and make adjustments as needed. Sometimes it's better to not shake the tree if you noticed bad stuff that's not reported. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.