Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Apollo Reinstatement process

tag
Djsaini
New Visitor

Re: Amex Apollo Reinstatement process

And on your bank statement did it read "Apollo above all" or American Express , I have to send a significantly big amount so I am just worried and cautious at the same time ? 

Message 11 of 25
Djsaini
New Visitor

No I haven't may be I should try that first before wiring anything to them .She always calls me from 813 number and I communicate with her on the same number , it seems like a cell phone number but now days everyone is working from home so you never know 

Message 12 of 25
MGM25
Visitor

Yes i am getting the same phone call from 813 area code. She always sounds like she sitting on balcony or at the beach

@Djsaini wrote:

No I haven't may be I should try that first before wiring anything to them .She always calls me from 813 number and I communicate with her on the same number , it seems like a cell phone number but now days everyone is working from home so you never know 

Message 13 of 25
MGM25
Visitor

I received a phone call and then an email from settlements@amexcardpayment.com claiming to be rep from the AMEX Apollo Program and the program would offer the following benefits:

1. Wavier applied to Total payment due on your card .
  2. Reinstatement/ Replacement of card on making payment through the Settlements Team.
  3. Retrieving the credit reports back from the credit bureau.
  4. Reversing damages on credit score and account

I haven't called them back or repsonded to the email because the email wasn't slig

@cardslayer wrote:

Hey All,

Hard times back around the end of 2019, ended up with $37k in Amex balances unpaid. Personal: Amex Plat, Amex Hilton, Amex Delta Business: Amex Blue Cash for Biz. They filed lawsuit in mid-2021and I got served papers multiple times (one for each card). I also defaulted on a few other non-Amex accounts at that time, but got into a payment arrangement with Discover out of all of them. Here's the steps on how I went from that to reinstated Amex Platinum, hope it helps some of you:

• I called their Global Legal / Collections in November 2021 and told them I wanted to settle. Non-US agents
  • First rep was a jerk. They told me the account was ineligible for settlement, but they would gladly accept my payment in full (**bleep**)
  • I called back the next day or so, spoke to someone who wanted to help me resolve. I told them that I want to figure out how to pay them in full, but I would want my card reopened. They said pay first, then we'll see. I told them NO and ended the call
  • They called me the next day, same guy, and told me he looked into my account with this supervisor and I would be eligible to reinstate the Platinum card (only) on their Apollo Program if I pay off the entire balance within 12 months without any bounced ACH. They told me there would be a hard limit of $3,000 then it would go through normal periodic review to lift the hard limit eventually or never, no guarantees. Also would get about 87k MR points reinstated.
  • Then we start talking terms, long call about 2 hours. We agreed to $2,500/mo for 12 months, with starting payment of about $7,600 accross all cards. No interest, but $537 in legal fees.
  • They sent the agreement to their legal and sent it to me next day to sign. I signed and returned along with ACH authorization for the initial and monthly payments.
  • Made all of the auto ACH payments and never bounced any. Was tough at times! Incidentally I could see the payments post from my online portal login that I always had (cards all showed cancelled). It was posted in Activity section as "Agency Remittance"
  • I called reinstatement line about 10 days after my final payment (approx 5th of Dec 2022) and asked about reinstatement. They told me I would get a call , and I requested that the guy process it right now since I'm on the phone. He was cool and did it, and told me that it is submitted for compliance/review and I would get a call on the status within 2-3 business days. I didn't get a call or missed it somehow.
  • I called back on 9th of Dec to the same number, different guy. After identifying info was provided, he verified that the processing was complete and he just needed to verify some income and job info. He did that, and informed me that my hard limit was $4,700.
  • I am waiting for the card he said 7-10 days, but now see the new account online in my portal. 14 days to get points reinstated and get all of the Priority Pass etc. They would charge the AF within 30 days of me activating the card.

The reinstatement number I called was 1-800-700-7619 and told them I was transferred there by customer service.

Hope this helps those of you who are trying to resolve Amex old balance issues.

EDIT: It shows NPSL in the available credit line under the balance, instead of the $4,700 hard limit that they mentioned. I've had a hard limit before and I know it shows under the balance. Still don't have card yet and therefore not activated. Maybe I get lucky or maybe they update it when I activate?

EDIT 2: I got the card, and it updated to the $4,700 hard spending limit online!

htly professional and person who calls me from the (813) area code in Florida doesn't sound very professional either. In addition, I am only 5 Payments (out of 12) into AMEX Payment Plan so I found this very odd that they would be offering me another program?

Message 14 of 25
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the DP's and welcome to the forums @MGM25 !

Message 15 of 25
Djsaini
New Visitor

I got the same exact call and the same stuff was offered to me but it sounded fishy because they were not calling me from an 800 number and they only wanted wire to be sent to them directly  .I went the safer route , spoke to Amex  collection agency +18662054559 which is recongnized by Amex customer care, they are not giving me any discounted payment but did offer me a payment plan and I am enrolled for a reinstatement. 

Trust me I tried to find out about this settlement department and no one could verify the legitimacy of them so I didn't want to take a chance.

thanks I hope that helps 

Message 16 of 25
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

I just paid mine off .. I had it done through A debt consolidation agency. I'm wondering now if I can ask for reinstatement as well?  you all for your data points. We're your scores low? Or did you have any other baddies still left on your credit report?  Thank you in advance

Message 17 of 25
MGM25
Visitor

My personal credit score is stil in 800's.

@Linnaea wrote:

I just paid mine off .. I had it done through A debt consolidation agency. I'm wondering now if I can ask for reinstatement as well?  you all for your data points. We're your scores low? Or did you have any other baddies still left on your credit report?  Thank you in advance

The Business Platinum Amex and Blue Cash Card were the isssue. Took us long to recover after Pandemic so I took advantage of the "Amex Financial Relief Program" which I was told there is small possibility for reinstatement. However, both cards show "Cancelled" in our online AMEX profile.

Message 18 of 25
MGM25
Visitor

I contacted AMEX Customer Care and they told me they didn't recognize the email address settlements@amexcardspayment.com and I should the email to AMEX to investigate if its fishing to spoof.response@aexp.com

I will let you know what I find out soon.

@Djsaini wrote:

I got the same exact call and the same stuff was offered to me but it sounded fishy because they were not calling me from an 800 number and they only wanted wire to be sent to them directly  .I went the safer route , spoke to Amex  collection agency +18662054559 which is recongnized by Amex customer care, they are not giving me any discounted payment but did offer me a payment plan and I am enrolled for a reinstatement. 

Trust me I tried to find out about this settlement department and no one could verify the legitimacy of them so I didn't want to take a chance.

thanks I hope that helps 

Message 19 of 25
razewick
New Visitor

Hey cardslayer,

Thanks for all the great information.

I am going through this process currently with a canceled Platinum Amex due to charge-off and it has gone EXACTLY as you mentioned. 

I wanted to clear my debt with Amex so called the debt collector, Radius Global Solutions and was surprised when they offered me a pathway to regain cardmembership with the same Platinum Amex.

I paid the balance 13 days ago, then I got the call today where they confirmed identification and income etc. They told me it was approved and I would see the card within 7-10 days! So pumped! I was doubtful it would happen until the bitter end! 

I also have been given the $4700 hard limit, I wanted to check-in with you to see if that limit has now been lifted since its more than 12 months later? Is it back to NPSL? Any updates? 

Cheers 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.