Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - re-verifying Dasher account w/ Persona

tag
IcyCool7227
Regular Contributor

Help - re-verifying Dasher account w/ Persona

Does anyone know which apps other than DoorDash utilize Persona selfie verification? I am in a dampered state of mind. For the first time in over several months since I applied for DoorDash as a dasher they prompted me to re-verify myself. I was at my local McDonald's 2 days ago when I tapped Dash Now and when I tried the selfie verification it failed. I know McDonald's has crappy wifi but the lighting seemed ok. I may have turned a bit too much or it came out blurry. I cannot remember every service I had signed up for in the past that used the Persona ID verification service but every time I did it it had been in my downstairs bathroom - only had a mismatch once with Buff Pay (now just a gaming rewards platform) that they reached out to fix with uploading documents. I love delivering food with both Door Dash and Uber Eats and would be heartbroken if my account with Door Dash would be discontinued.

I am currently waiting for them to reach out with an additional verification try. If I had a list of apps to try and apply for that use this service I would have good practice to get this taken care of.  No sample test is provided on the Persona site. There are no other issues with my Dasher account and have had 42 deliveries so far. I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. I'm very stressed out about the entire thing. I wish they would just talk to my doctors, creditors and banks to get me verified. Would a police officer or report help in any way if I went to the station to get verified?

As of: 3/28/24:

EQ: 785 (prev. 778 on 2/6/24; 773 on 1/26/24 & 750 on 1/7/24 & 626 on 6/7/24 & 652 in April 2023) - FICO 8
EX: 763 (prev. 755 on 2/6/24; 753 on 1/26/24 & 732 on 1/7/24 & 643 on 6/7/24 & 619 in April 2023) - FICO 8
TU: 759 (prev. 748 on 2/6/24; 744 on 1/26/24 & 689 on 1/7/24 & 6/7/24 & 654 in April 2023) - CreditKarma

Have:
- Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards: $1,200
- Chase Freedom Flex: $500
- Discover it Cashback: $2,000
- Kohl’s Charge: $3,000
- Mercury Rewards Visa: $4,390
- Super Cash: Limit varies based on debit balance - doesn't show up in accounts anymore though on CRs.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Help - re-verifying Dasher account w/ Persona

It sounds like you're asking about a technical problem you're having with Door Dash?  If so, that's a little outside the scope of this forum (tho ofc there may still be community members who have worked for Door Dash and can answer your questions).  Have you tried asking about this on a platform dedicated to driving for Door Dash, like a sub-reddit or something like that?

Message 2 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I understand the problem. I can never tell dasher from prancer or dancer.

Message 3 of 6
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

Freecash also uses persona.

I hate it so much. Or rather, I think it's overused and insecure.

Message 4 of 6
IcyCool7227
Regular Contributor

Well I have great news! DoorDash could confirm my identity! It was a few days full of anxiety and panic but I had found numerous apps to try out (not all of them had me verify though) so I did once with Passes.com (which I deleted as I don't need that site) and on 6 different Roblox accounts (I'm now deleting 5 of them). When I verieified DoorDash again a few hours ago it went to saying to wait up to 3 hours for a human to review but this time I did not hit Dash Now afterwards and in about 20 or so mins they confirmed my identity as the messaged flashed across the screen! Now if I ever get that issue again I know I'll wait until I'm home in my downstairs bathroom. Doing it in the downstairs bathroom was the best as it’s perfectly lighted and every app in the past that used the Persona verification had been successful in there.

I would be absolutely devastated if I couldn’t perform the joy of food deliveries with DoorDash as they have more volume than Uber Eats in the nearby areas.

I am 100% back to normal after I got through this. I just wish DoorDash had hubs like Uber Eats does in cities (something like banks having local branches) to verify identity in person but their only office is all the way in San Francisco.

As of: 3/28/24:

EQ: 785 (prev. 778 on 2/6/24; 773 on 1/26/24 & 750 on 1/7/24 & 626 on 6/7/24 & 652 in April 2023) - FICO 8
EX: 763 (prev. 755 on 2/6/24; 753 on 1/26/24 & 732 on 1/7/24 & 643 on 6/7/24 & 619 in April 2023) - FICO 8
TU: 759 (prev. 748 on 2/6/24; 744 on 1/26/24 & 689 on 1/7/24 & 6/7/24 & 654 in April 2023) - CreditKarma

Have:
- Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards: $1,200
- Chase Freedom Flex: $500
- Discover it Cashback: $2,000
- Kohl’s Charge: $3,000
- Mercury Rewards Visa: $4,390
- Super Cash: Limit varies based on debit balance - doesn't show up in accounts anymore though on CRs.
Message 5 of 6
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Glad it worked out!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.