cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy gift cards using gift cards online? (Raise, Cardcash, Cardcookie)

tag
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

Buy gift cards using gift cards online? (Raise, Cardcash, Cardcookie)

Has anyone used a Visa/Mastercard GC to pay online on Raise, Cardcash, or Cardcookie? If so, what type of GC?

I'm scared to try. I plan to make a fake account at the library to test. Once I tried to use a privacy.com card on Raise.com and got in trouble; they said that they don't take prepaid cards. I don't want to get in trouble again.

Here is someone else whose VGC was blocked on Raise: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/1cdgmjk/comment/l1dhxiz/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3...

Also, the issuer of the GC may block the transaction.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: Buy gift cards using gift cards online? (Raise, Cardcash, Cardcookie)

So, you want to buy gift cards with gift cards? What's the point? What kind of fake account would you make at the library? I have library ecards that aren't actually in my name would that help?  Roflol!

Message 2 of 4
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

LMAO @FicoMike0 .

It is  a niche case, I admit. I have some Visa gift cards that I would like to use.

With my normal credit cards, I would typically buy discounted gift cards and then use those at the store.

I would like to use the Visa gift cards the same way as my normal credit card, but I don't think this will work. It sounds like Raise and CardCash tend not to accept gift cards (though maybe it varies by type). No big deal, I will probably just use the Visa gift cards in the store.

For CardCookie, I plan to do what I described and test it once I get my hands on the appropriate Visa gift card. I'll let you know how it goes!

Message 3 of 4
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Keep us posted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.