Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News! Safe CU - anyone can join

tag
creditfan
Established Contributor

Great News! Safe CU - anyone can join

YES! you heard it right. 

The Aerospace Musesum of California membership can get you in door with safecu. It's expensive, however it will cut the cost in half if you have family member who is either student or senior.

Some cautions should be consider,

- It's very very chexsystem sensitive

- It uses LexisNexis to verify your idenity

https://www.safecu.org/personal/borrow-money/credit-cards/cash-rewards-visa-signature-credit-card/

safecu1.pngsafecu screenshot.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

Re: Great News! Safe CU - anyone can join

That's a nice-looking rotator they have there. Do you know if they have spending limits on the 5% selectable category? I couldn't find anything on the page or in the rewards program link. 

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 2 of 13
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Creditfan,

Thank you for the heads on this. That's a solid CU with a decent card offering!

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 13
DONZI
Established Contributor

@DakotaM wrote:

Do you know if they have spending limits on the 5% selectable category? I couldn't find anything on the page or in the rewards program link. 

It's not on the card specific page or T&C that I saw, but it's stated as unlimited on the credit cards selection page. Opps, it is there too. I overlooked it also. Smiley LOL

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 4 of 13
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

@DONZI wrote:

@DakotaM wrote:

Do you know if they have spending limits on the 5% selectable category? I couldn't find anything on the page or in the rewards program link. 

It's not on the card specific page or T&C that I saw, but it's stated as unlimited on the credit cards selection page. Opps, it is there too. I overlooked it also. Smiley LOL

Ah nice and bolded too. I'm so used to looking for limits in the fine print on these that I didn't even see it! 😅

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 5 of 13
northway
Frequent Contributor

@creditfan 

Are you OOS or still in CA/West Coast when you applied? I'm looking to apply from NY.

There are quite a few DPs stating that if you're not in NorCal that the Aerospace Mueseum will still get you declined. 

Also, if OOS, was it instant approval or pending. How many Chex did you have on file?

Personal Cards:
Message 6 of 13
creditfan
Established Contributor

@northway wrote:

@creditfan 

Are you OOS or still in CA/West Coast when you applied? I'm looking to apply from NY.

There are quite a few DPs stating that if you're not in NorCal that the Aerospace Mueseum will still get you declined. 

Also, if OOS, was it instant approval or pending. How many Chex did you have on file?

Yes, we are OOS and don't live in CA

Well, I did it for a family member. She hasn't opened any deposit account for the last three years. However, the most recently was the only one in a few months ago.

Manual review, has to upload ID, and utility for proof of address via message

Message 7 of 13
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Good luck @northway! If you end up applying, I'd love to know how it goes if you don't mind.

Everybody's probably seen this, but here are some old reports of being denied outside CA plus a recent one that sounds like they were okay to apply outside CA:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ca-only-safe-credit-union-cash-rewards-card-5-on-a-revolving-category...

Message 8 of 13
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@northway wrote:

@creditfan 

@northway  I was wondering if you ever wound up getting this card? Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 13
keekers
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.