Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Can Be Done With These Scores?

tag
MsAutumn
Valued Member

What Can Be Done With These Scores?

My credit scores are all very different from one another. What can I do to get them all on the same page? My Experian is - 584, Transunion is - 634 and Equifax is - 722. I can't get approved for any high limit cards or any good cards. I have 4-5 years old charge offs. Any advice would be great. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Re: What Can Be Done With These Scores?

At first glance it looks like the chargeoffs are not reporting on Equifax.  I would start by geting your full reports from annualcreditreport.com (you can get them weekly for free) and go through them to see what is reporting on each bureau.  Charge offs will stay on your report 7 yrs from the date of first delinquency (DOFD), and will significanty suppress your scores for the duration.  What lenders are the chargeoffs with?

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 2 of 8
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I agree with zoo. If you want a card, find a bank that only pulls eq. Here's a helpful list,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Where you get your scores look below at the reasons given. See if you can do anything about any of them. If they don't make sense, come back and post, someone will explain.

Message 3 of 8
Snook_on_the_Line
Regular Contributor

Penfed supposedly only pulls Equifax for credit cards.   

Starting Score:FICO8s 505ex, 508 eq&tu
Current Score:FICO8s 758ex,752tu,766eq
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Current cards:
Cap1 platinum 200
Cap1 Walmart 1500
Credit one Amex 550
Mission lane visa 400
Lowe’s 30,000
Rebuilding since 12/2021

Always pif, never late
0/24 on inq’s & new accounts
AAoA 2.2years
All time highs (fico8) :

Formerly known as @44456009a
My FIs. WF & AMEX
Message 4 of 8
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I just read on another thread that penfed does hp for checking. Only open the savings, no hp.

Message 5 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@MsAutumn wrote:

My credit scores are all very different from one another. What can I do to get them all on the same page? My Experian is - 584, Transunion is - 634 and Equifax is - 722. I can't get approved for any high limit cards or any good cards. I have 4-5 years old charge offs. Any advice would be great. 

As stated Penfed generally pulls only Eq for credit cards and 722 should definitely get you one with a possibility of a nice SL. 

@FicoMike0  When I opened a Checking account no HP was conducted but I believe with some checking accounts if you ask for Overdraft protection that may trigger a HP.

@MsAutumn Even though we all would like for things to go fast it oftens takes a little time. I would open a Checking (stay away from Overdraft protection) and Savings account with Penfed wait about 6 months or so and then go for one of their cards. If you can do a Direct Deposit into the Checking that could help furthur. 

Message 6 of 8
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

@Iusedtolurk  I believe you are exactly correct, if you ask for overdraft protection you are asking for credit. Since I do some deposit account churning, I never go for overdraft protection. I didn't even think about it. Good catch!

Message 7 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

I just read on another thread that penfed does hp for checking. Only open the savings, no hp.

Agree, not for savings.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.