tag
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed

ELCO Mutual pays 5%. 😁

Message 11 of 14
Barkius

I just closed my Pen Fed accounts. I live in California. No problem joining. I put some money in when I opened them, waited a few months and applied for one of their cards. Was denied so I closed the accounts.

I like Affinity (1% cash back debit card) and First Tech (5% checking account) better.

Message 12 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@FicoMike0 wrote:

@Horseshoez  I use cap1 too. One of my fidelity accounts pays 5%, I think it's bloom.  I keep funds in both, in case of an ACH problem. Fidelity uses plaid to link accounts and it's failed at least once. Sometimes when churning deposit accounts I need to Smurf some money on short notice.

"Fidelity go" managed fund is doing great, but there's no guarantee. I put the $100 bribe they paid me to open bloom in it in September, it's up to $110, today.

Today I noticed CapOne lowered their interest rate to 4.25%.  I'm not going to make any moves until I close on my new home (assuming we find something we like), and then I'll worry about moving money around for the longer term.  Smiley Happy

Agree, not worth your chasing after a difference that in the grand scheme would amount to little more than pocket lint until the dust settles.

Apple also recently lowered the APY on their HYSA down to 4.15%.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 14
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Hey, I used to live in ft. walton beach. Actually, I lived in nearby niceville. It's nice there! When you fly from there, you share the runway with fighter jets. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.