cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card and Chase partnership

tag
omegafalcon

Apple Card and Chase partnership

Could it happen? Chase is already one of Apple's biggest credit card partners for transactions happening at Apple Stores, online, and the app store.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card and Chase partnership

@omegafalcon wrote:

Could it happen? Chase is already one of Apple's biggest credit card partners for transactions happening at Apple Stores, online, and the app store.

one can only hope

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@omegafalcon wrote:

Current Apple Card SUCKS for rewards! Whoever picks them up better have something better than 2% rewards!

Chase or AMEX would be great, as you said they offer much better rewards for Apple product then Apple Card!

I may go after them if they get there, unless is to Sync...

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

highly doubt it to high of risk for Amex or Chase due to apple wanting very relaxed UW standards will be a lender that has a tolerance for possible loses

Message 4 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

highly doubt it to high of risk for Amex or Chase due to apple wanting very relaxed UW standards will be a lender that has a tolerance for possible loses

Chase gave in to Amazon so why not Apple, AMEX probably not! Realistically Cap1 could work for them with different tier of qualification, but at the end all roads ends to Sync. Now if I'm Robinhood/X1 making a run at it could legitimatize my credit card portfolio.

Message 5 of 10
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Consolidation continues? 

Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Chase gave in to Amazon so why not Apple, AMEX probably not! Realistically Cap1 could work for them with different tier of qualification, but at the end all roads ends to Sync. Now if I'm Robinhood/X1 making a run at it could legitimatize my credit card portfolio.

Still think there is a different tier of UW between Amazon Visa card and Apple card.  Apple would have to be willing to give as well on that although Sync or Cap1 could likely be the suiter better in line with apples UW model.

Message 7 of 10
Barkius

Plot twist: Apple goes with the Bank of Delight.

https://cdn.thecardservicescenter.com/images/CUE/CreditCard/20221109163210083686.png

Message 8 of 10
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I think even Synchrony may take issue both with the pretty soft UW standards and the very high max limits that some people with excellent credit have gotten.  Doesn't synch normally cap out at $25k?  I think Capital One would reel in CLs and CLIs as well.  In general Apple's going to have to give in and accept that it's going to have lower limits offered or a higher UW standard if not some of both.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 9 of 10
northway
Frequent Contributor

There's a chance that Apple begins to underwrite the card themselves. They created a financing arm (Apple Financing LLC) for their Pay Later platform, and it would be logical/possible to integrate that into their existing playform.

I seriously doubt Chase/Amex/Cap1 are going to touch this with a 10ft pole. Synchrony or Comenity are the only ones on the table as far as I'm concerned.

Personal Cards:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.