Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Amex Credit Limit Increase

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: No Amex Credit Limit Increase

@WyomingJonMadeIt wrote:

I called amex and they declined me. They stated their reasoning was the citi bank card I had 8 grand on the begginning of the year. Citi had given me a $8k no interest for 2 years offer. When the 2 years expired in november citi raised interest to 45% and started lowering credit limit $200 a month. Never missed any payments but i was paying them about $700 a month for an account to show i was $200 over credit limit every report. So i harassed them back a bit until they agreed to give me 6 months of no interest to pay it off. I voluntarily closed it, and my other 3 citi card accounts. My other post on here shows i paid off $55k of card and unsecured loan balances last month. I still have $1,500 to pay off on this one citi account. I wonder if amex will be happy once that is done. I will never do business with citi again. 

Amex agreed to submit my credit limit increase for a person to review after i explained 8 years of no missed payments, never got an increase, monthly expendured exceeding their limit, etc. 

That sounds like a logical reason since you were over your limit with Citi they didn't want to extend more credit to you. Maybe in a few months once the dust settles try again

Message 11 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@WyomingJonMadeIt wrote:

That was my first credit card in college. Ive had about 4 other fixed lines of credit from amex since then. Im down to two other fized from them. The checking account i have with them has more in it that the credit potential of all accounts. 

I do not currently keep any balance. Put about $800 a month on this card, pay it off constantly to keep it under $500. 

My income is reported at $145,000 a year. 

Never got the letter. 

No negatives, never had an issue. Used to have the amex green and gold, once put an $8k purchase on that. Paid it off same month. 

Really no credit issues. My monthly mortgage payment is twice this limit. 

How long ago did you apply?

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 12 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@WyomingJonMadeIt wrote:

I called amex and they declined me. They stated their reasoning was the citi bank card I had 8 grand on the begginning of the year. Citi had given me a $8k no interest for 2 years offer. When the 2 years expired in november citi raised interest to 45% and started lowering credit limit $200 a month. Never missed any payments but i was paying them about $700 a month for an account to show i was $200 over credit limit every report. So i harassed them back a bit until they agreed to give me 6 months of no interest to pay it off. I voluntarily closed it, and my other 3 citi card accounts. My other post on here shows i paid off $55k of card and unsecured loan balances last month. I still have $1,500 to pay off on this one citi account. I wonder if amex will be happy once that is done. I will never do business with citi again. 

Amex agreed to submit my credit limit increase for a person to review after i explained 8 years of no missed payments, never got an increase, monthly expendured exceeding their limit, etc. 

Sounds to me like you know exactly why they denied your CLI application.

Also there seems to be a typo, where you state Citi raised the interest to 45%, which would be illegal in every state in the Union.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.