Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX removed the option to dispute via phone

tag
citymunky
Established Contributor

EX removed the option to dispute via phone

Today I was trying to dispute some items on my report via phone. However, when you call the automated menu, you don't have a way to get to customer service representative.

I called every number I could find: (855) 414-6048, (888) 397-3742, (714) 830-7000, and (800) 831-5614 with no luck.

Accounting to their website:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/faqs/how-to-dispute-credit-report-infor... 

"To initiate a dispute by phone, you'll call the number displayed on your Experian credit report"

I pulled my offical EX report, and their is not one phone number on it.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: EX removed the option to dispute via phone

@citymunky wrote:

Today I was trying to dispute some items on my report via phone. However, when you call the automated menu, you don't have a way to get to customer service representative.

I called every number I could find: (855) 414-6048, (888) 397-3742, (714) 830-7000, and (800) 831-5614 with no luck.

Accounting to their website:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/faqs/how-to-dispute-credit-report-infor... 

"To initiate a dispute by phone, you'll call the number displayed on your Experian credit report"

I pulled my offical EX report, and their is not one phone number on it.

I have found the frustration of trying to get through to the credit buraus by phone has become untenable.   I don't try anymore since you can never get out of their phone tree hell.   I use the online dispute portal if it's something relatively simple, like correcting addresses or credit limits.  If it's something more complicated, I submit my disputes by mail and include a copy of my government idea and a copy of a utility bill to verify my address.   It only takes two days for the mail to be delivered and it saves a lot of time and frustration.   

Message 2 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You didnt list this number:

1-888-Equifax (1-888-378-4329)
Our call center hours are:
9:00 am to 9:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (ET), Saturday and Sunday

Message 3 of 15
northway
Frequent Contributor

@citymunky 

Experian Dispute #- 866-200-6020

Say "Dispute" after putting in your SSN at the prompt. Then "New Dispute", "Account or Other Information", then "Inquiry". Selecting inquiry dispute will go right to a rep. Selecting any other option will continue you through the automated phone tree.

Personal Cards:
Message 4 of 15
citymunky
Established Contributor

Thanks I give both numbers a try next week.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 5 of 15
northway
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 gave the phone # for Equifax, not Experian like you were looking for.

Experian is only open from 7AM-7PM CST Monday-Friday.

Personal Cards:
Message 6 of 15
937es

The telephone numbers I have used in the past to get to a live representative are:

1.855.414.6048; press 2, 1, 2, 1 to get to live operator

1.800.493.1058; press 2, 1, 2, 1, to get to live operator in the dispute center

Also, I have found that typing an old fashioned letter and placing it in the snail mail works wonders for disputing inaccurate information and successful deletion.

Experian

Dispute by Mail

PO Box 4500

Allen, TX 75013

Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thannks @northway . cant edit

Message 8 of 15
911gt34life
Established Contributor

I've been doing this for months already pretty easy getting ex on the phone .

1. after giving your ssn automatic systems ask if like to dispute say "Yes" next option ask you if you already have one open go with this option even if don't have one open.. after that it will connect you automatically to customer service.

>
Message 9 of 15
citymunky
Established Contributor

@northway wrote:

@citymunky 

Experian Dispute #- 866-200-6020

Say "Dispute" after putting in your SSN at the prompt. Then "New Dispute", "Account or Other Information", then "Inquiry". Selecting inquiry dispute will go right to a rep. Selecting any other option will continue you through the automated phone tree.

Thanks, this was the way!

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.