Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave Ramsey Comment About Discover Bank

tag
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: Dave Ramsey Comment About Discover Bank

I also have not had any issue with Discover.

Message 11 of 15
LakeLife
Established Contributor

A little off topic, but I found personal that Discover will not grant a CLI unless you let 30% or more of your credit line (in your case $900+) report on statement for a least 3 months. 

This has been my experience with them.  The only two times I managed a CLI with them was then I took advantage of two BT offers.  After paying them down a good percentage, I requested and recieved CLIs to my current CL.  

Message 12 of 15
TrapLine
New Contributor

Got'ta love Dave Ramsey? If nothing else he opens some interesting conversations!

We may not see it his way but, we do consider and that means thinking about what he is offering?

Message 13 of 15
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@TrapLine wrote:

Got'ta love Dave Ramsey? If nothing else he opens some interesting conversations!

We may not see it his way but, we do consider and that means thinking about what he is offering?

I would argue even the discussion may do some folks a disservice as this guy's advice can often have a very detrimental impace on one's fiances.  This guy has gotten rich off of folks needing good sound financial advice; and for said advice, he ain't it.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 14 of 15
iowe
Regular Contributor

I haven't had any negative experience with Discover. They have top notch customer service when I call and need anything. In the last 8 years my Discover card limit has increased from 3k -> 31k and I've gotten two or three APR reductions during that time as well. All with phone calls. 

I recently added a savings account from Discover also. I have Identity Theft Protection with Discover as well. 

But.... I am totally bummed about Cap One acquiring Discover, and I expect they will decline in every way, across the board if that happens. 

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.