cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ACTUALLY ever receive Equifax settlement?

tag
User456
New Visitor

Anyone ACTUALLY ever receive Equifax settlement?

Hey all,

I was one of the many people who had their credit data breached in the Equifax hack. I applied for a claim on the Equifax data breach website; I don't want to state the exact amount I claimed but it was over $10,000 as I incurred many losses / fraudulent accounts opened in my name etc. due to the data breach. Anyhow it doesn't seem like I am finding much information at all as to whether or not anyone has ACTUALLY EVER BEEN PAID OUT by the claims website... anyone ever file a claim and received notice of approval? I filed mine well over two months ago and am still waiting...

14 REPLIES 14
TrapLine
New Contributor

Re: Anyone ACTUALLY ever receive Equifax settlement?

Would be surprised if they were very speedy. It seems the food chain has to be fed first.

Best of luck as your situation is has to be very stressful!

Message 2 of 15
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

BOT anyone?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 3 of 15
User456
New Visitor

Not a bot, just a new member. My original posting was about the "Credit Information Service" notification from Citizen's Bank as I applied for an account through them - a regular checking account - and got flagged and denied even though I know my Chexsystems report is solid and the only thing bad I've got going on unfortunately is my credit was ruined when my data was stolen when the Equifax data breach occurred. Not sure why you'd think a bot would care about this or the Equifax breach but take care :-)

Message 4 of 15
UNjLK
New Visitor

ONLY 2 months ago? fiance and I have filed claims for up to 20K out of pocket losses like 2 years ago, maybe even 3-4. i cant even remmber . We got $35 dollars for the initial payment for the regular claim w/credit monitoring, and the "Extended Claims payment" is still 'under review' per the site says. who knows when this **bleep** check is coming lol.. IF. I literally will say be patient if you only filed it 2 months ago, we've been waiting years.. Did u get the inital little payment for the up to $125 payment? (w/credit monitoring). It says they will contact you if additional items are needed for the Extended loss claim

Message 5 of 15
User456
New Visitor

UNjLK - 

WOW that is terrible! No, I just learned of the settlement a few months back and they wouldn't even let you apply at the site until around December 2023 IIRC. The "Equifax Breach Settlement dot Com" site wasn't even taking submissions until December 2023 IIRC. So it's been a mess. I never received any credit monitoring etc. or an initial check, and it's been a whole mess. I'm having to clean it up as I go and am not having a great time convincing creditors that XYZ account(s) are fraudulent, so it's been a mess. 

I am sorry to hear that it's taken so long for you and your partner. The thing that seems so ridiculous to me is that the company paying out claims in regards to the settlement breach (the dot com I mentioned above) already HAS the money, and the claims documents I (and I'm sure many other claimants) submitted were pretty thorough - they could easily take less than an hour to fully evaluate my claim and just issue the approval, but they seem

to be acting as if they're having to pay the money from their own bank accounts or something. I wonder if there's some sort of incentive for them to not pay all the claims or something. I surely hope not!

Message 6 of 15
UNjLK
New Visitor

So I actually filed sometime in 2020. The first deadline that was passed. Dec 2023 is definitely not the first time they started allowing people to file this type of claim. Im sorry to tell you. Its been years that i have been waiting for this check to come through. And yes creditors will punish you even if you clear it, which they give you a hard time because they dont believe it can actually happen. and if they clear it, your most likely black listed since your a risk to the bank even though u were a victim of identity theft, lol . but i dont know how long.. if u call, they dont have no answers on how long.. they cant answer anything.. its been so long. i dont know if itl ever come. tbh.

Message 7 of 15
User456
New Visitor

Well, partner just checked theirs tonight and apparently they are now "deficient". None of us are ever going to see a dollar of this settlement. This doesn't make any sense. The money is there. It's paid into a fund and the administrators just administer it. But it feels like they're preventing as many claims as possible from going through and I wonder if there's some incentive for this. We should get media attention on this. They're acting like this is coming out of their own bank account. 

Message 8 of 15
User456
New Visitor

Equifax Settlement - how to determine if I’m a class member?!

Hey all,

So while I am definitely a class member, apparently the Equifax Breach Settlement website can't determine if I am or not (even though I am indeed a member and was sent a postcard by Equifax years ago). According to the person we spoke with yesterday, I need to "prove" that I am indeed a class member - how do I do that? I no longer have the post card and there doesn't seem to be a public list of names anywhere. Is there a website aside from the settlement site where I can recheck my information so I can once again prove I am indeed a member of this breach? This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard out of this entire ordeal and I do not understand it. I am indeed a member but apparently my claim cannot proceed if I do not prove again that I'm a member, but the settlement site offers no information on how to find if I'm a member so I hope yall can help. Thanks

Message 9 of 15
Breake
New Visitor

did you ever figure this out or get any answers?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.