Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Valentine's Day... a dating app based on credit scores

tag
keluric
New Contributor

On Valentine's Day... a dating app based on credit scores

https://www.ft.com/content/7ad0c6f5-c3bf-4648-94ad-f3bebccbdf87

Score is a new US dating app for those who can prove they have a good to excellent credit rating (by their metrics, minimum 675).  The app soft pulls your EQ score to pre-qualify you to create a dating profile (your actual score does not appear to others).  Neon Money Club is behind the app.  If that sounds familiar, you may have come across their venture with American Express to create the Cream card.  

Personal

Business

//Reformed CC User//

Gardening
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
markbeiser
Established Contributor

Re: On Valentine's Day... a dating app based on credit scores

That actually isn't a half bad idea.

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I can see it now, posts in the Rebuilding forum -- "Help !!!  Need to get to EQ 675 as soon as possible !!"

Also what happens if you drop below 675 once you're in ?  Like would a collection suspend your privileges ?? Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I can see it now, posts in the Rebuilding forum -- "Help !!!  Need to get to EQ 675 as soon as possible !!"

Certainly easier to qualify for than a dating club I heard of in NYC years ago, the "7+ Club," or something long those lines.
2 ways for men to qualify, 7+ figure income, or 7+ inches.🤣

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 4 of 12
keluric
New Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Also what happens if you drop below 675 once you're in ?  Like would a collection suspend your privileges ?? Smiley Very Happy

Imagine you've matched with someone and just when the chat is going well, your account is suspended because your credit score dropped below 675. LOL. But seriously, I wonder how that works.

Personal

Business

//Reformed CC User//

Gardening
Message 5 of 12
keluric
New Contributor

@markbeiser wrote:

That actually isn't a half bad idea.

I like the concept. I've been impressed with how Neon Money Club is moving, particularly their partnership with AMEX.  I'm interested in seeing how they progress.

Personal

Business

//Reformed CC User//

Gardening
Message 6 of 12
keluric
New Contributor

In case anyone is wondering, I signed up for research purposes (because the concept and the company behind it actually interest me). Soft pull EQ came back with 810. That's my Vantage score for sure. After the score let me in, I completed a profile (one photo, one sentence "about you," and an IG handle, so hardly robust at this point). I received an email that they'd be in touch within 3-5 days. 

I'm pretty sure this innovative dating app is a way to promote their credit card... and that's one heck of a marketing idea.

Personal

Business

//Reformed CC User//

Gardening
Message 7 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thanks @keluric for taking one for the team !

Please keep us posted if you receive any additional guidance regarding credit scoring and status

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 12
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

I can't decide whether this is a train wreck, or a good idea. Either way, I agree with @pizzadude: Please keep us informed, @keluric

Message 9 of 12
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Based on the women that I know, the better looking the lower the score. This is regardless of income. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.