cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

tag
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

Redstone FCU card like everyone else

World Cash Back Mastercard® Credit Card.  It's used to be chip+pin priority, not sure about now. Good for some people

https://www.rbfcu.org/loans/credit-cards/world-cash-back-mastercard

Message 21 of 23
Wu-Credit
Contributor

Re: What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

I see why Redstone keeps getting the most love. I'm just skeptical of those rewards surviving if people keep getting it. Either it can keep trucking like Langley, end up geofenced like Vantage, be grandfathered like AOD, or nerfed like Affinity. No one knows I guess lol.

Either way I'm not even sure if the Redstone VS is worth the new account for me, especially when my CCRs are nearly identical.

I would like to make an honorable mention for the Affinity Cash Back Debit. Curious if other CUs have similar debit card rewards structures. I know Langley has a 10c cash back per purchase debit card.

Still keep sharing those unicorns 🦄! I like reading about the lesser known ones as well.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 22 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wu-Credit wrote:

I see why Redstone keeps getting the most love. I'm just skeptical of those rewards surviving if people keep getting it. Either it can keep trucking like Langley, end up geofenced like Vantage, be grandfathered like AOD, or nerfed like Affinity. No one knows I guess lol.

I think the message of AOD is that you really cannot predict!   In that case, you have a tiny CU that took a long to close the card to new customers, and are still honoring the 3% for existing customers.  Much bigger institutions nerfed cards more quickly and included exisitng accounts.

Which is not to say Redstone won't change tomorrow, just we seem to lack any way of knowing what will last.

I have learned, both from things I did get and things I sadly didn't, that if something is VERY good (uncapped 5% cards for example, like the original cash +, BCP and Thank You Preferred) it's probably worth getting now, even if you "know" that it cannot last.   That assumes your file isn't too thin, so a few "extra" apps don't hurt, at least compared to the additional rewards.    

For me, Redstone doesn't fall into this category, but for otehrs it might.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.