Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected $5000 CLI on US Bank Cash+

Congratulations on your US Bank Cash+ CLI, @K-in-Boston

And congrats on reaching $71.5K exposure with them!  Nice!  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats_Sky_Limit.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 20
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your us bank surprise credit increase enjoy it have fun. You got love Us bank I have 2 cards with total credit limit of 50K. The us cash visa plus and the Altitude go card and a checking account they are a great bank to work with.

Message 12 of 20
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your US Bank Cash+ auto CLI 🤑👍👍

That gives me hope on my new US Bank CCs

Message 14 of 20
keekers
Established Contributor

Very nice; congrats!

Message 15 of 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 

Message 16 of 20
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 17 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@AyaMai wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Woke up this morning to an email from US Bank with the somewhat unsettling subject line, "You have a new credit card notice available."  Opening the email, I see "Credit Line Increase Notice is now available.  To view your notice, log in to your account."  Coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and didn't recall asking for a CLI on this card.  Log in, and I'm greeted with this letter:

Re: Important information about your U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card account ending in XXXX
Dear K:
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that in recognition of the exceptional way you've handled your account, we have increased your revolve limit to $22,000.00. Your increased revolve limit will appear on your next statement. Your expanded purchasing power makes it the perfect time to add authorized users to your account. You can also add your card to your mobile device or as your payment method at your favorite store for faster online purchases. Thank you for choosing the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card. If you have any questions concerning your account, please contact us by logging in to your account, or by calling 1-800-285-8585. Cardmember Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Sincerely,
Cardmember Service

Originally opened as an Altitude Connect in February of 2022 with a $17k SL and $550 for $2000 spend SUB (extra $50 was a Winter Olympics promo).  Put $2000 spend on it, then didn't touch it until I PCed it to a second Cash+ in October 2023.  Put modest spend for some non-utility 5% categories (covered by my first Cash+) on it in Q4 but hadn't put any spend on it in Q1 yet since I've had both the Barclays Lufthansa card SUB and the Amex Business Gold Welcome Offer (both now completed) to work on.  Not sure how helpful the DP is since "chase the bonus and then don't use the card" isn't typically a sure-fire way of achieving an auto-CLI.  LOL  I'm still happy about it, though, and US Bank seems to like me since that brings me to $71,500 across Altitude Reserve and the pair of Cash+ cards.

Congratulations, is there a data if they do Soft or Hard for CLI

@AyaMai Sorry for the delay in responding, but they can do either one.  Language always says HP, but sometimes they end up just doing a SP.  This was an auto-CLI and not something I requested.

Message 18 of 20
Legally_Speaking2512
Frequent Contributor

That's always a good day. Congrats on the CLI!!

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your US Bank Cash+ CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.