Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Surprise

tag
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Citi Double Cash Surprise

Hello everyone.  I have been gardening for 16 months.  Yesterday I was browsing my account on Credit Karma. I always look at their card picks for fun. Well, there were several Citi cards that CK said I had an excellent chance of getting approved for. A bit skeptical, I went to Citi's website. Their pre-approval is back up, so I tried it, and the same cards that CK recommended were what Citi pre-approved me for, as well. I decided to just go for it, figuring that I would be declined since my CC usage is kinda high right now. I was shocked that they approved me. My starting limit is only $1.100, but I am still very pleased.  I keep hearing that this is a solid card to have.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Surprise

@shalimarcat wrote:

Hello everyone.  I have been gardening for 16 months.  Yesterday I was browsing my account on Credit Karma. I always look at their card picks for fun. Well, there were several Citi cards that CK said I had an excellent chance of getting approved for. A bit skeptical, I went to Citi's website. Their pre-approval is back up, so I tried it, and the same cards that CK recommended were what Citi pre-approved me for, as well. I decided to just go for it, figuring that I would be declined since my CC usage is kinda high right now. I was shocked that they approved me. My starting limit is only $1.100, but I am still very pleased.  I keep hearing that this is a solid card to have.

Yes it is a solid card to have. You get 1% on purchases, and 1% on payments. Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 2 of 22
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi Double Cash. 🤑👍👍

This is a decent 2% card that can grow to 20K+ with SP.

Message 3 of 22
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 22
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 

Message 5 of 22
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 6 of 22
DarkKnight_Credit
New Contributor

Congratulations! 

My credit cards:

Starting Score 08/2021: 
Current Score: 
Message 7 of 22
RBD22
New Contributor

Congrats!  Solid card!

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 06/13/2023: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 06/13/2023: ,
Message 8 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They love high util LOL they just HATE recent inquiries.

I dont see your score?

mind sharing more detailed data points? like what exactly your util was? income? inquiries in 6 mos?

Ive been wanting this card for awhile to use the 0%!!! haha

and congrats!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 22
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

They love high util LOL they just HATE recent inquiries.

I dont see your score?

mind sharing more detailed data points? like what exactly your util was? income? inquiries in 6 mos?

Ive been wanting this card for awhile to use the 0%!!! haha

and congrats!

They must love high util because they have given me two credit line increases on my Rewards Plus card and it's almost maxed out. (I'm working hard to pay it down.). As for my score, I do not know. I haven't checked my Fico scores in months, and my CK scores aren't as accurate as Fico. I know that they pulled Expeian and Equifax.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.