Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard with Experian Score 561

tag
ArabRising
New Visitor

Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard with Experian Score 561

Got approved for the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard not sure what my FICO versions are but per Credit Karma TransUnion is 632 before apply for and accepting this card of course and Equifax is a 640. I applied for my initial capital one quicksilver in December well within the typical six month window capital one makes one wait for a automatic decline for a second card. 

I decided to run the pre approval for the Walmart card online and of course it states the standard we will attempt to approve you for the higher universal rewards Mastercard card but if not we will attempt to qualify you for the Walmart store card. The preapproval determined I was approved for the Mastercard. I ran the application and was instantly approved for a $500 limit with what capital one pulled as a 561 Experian Score with a 29.99% Interest rate. I had 3 hard inquiries with transunion and equifax before applying now have 4 and Experian seems to have 6 hard inquires. I will include my approval letter if I can get that and my rate attached to help with transparency purposes. 

clearly the data points are allowing customers to obtaining capital one cards within six months of each other I think I only waited 2 1/2-3 months between my last application approval. 

Dear blank,
March 22, 2024
Re: blank Creditor: Capital One N.A.
Great news, you've been approved for a Capital One® Walmart Rewards Card with a $500 credit limit. You should receive a Welcome Kit with your new card soon.
Check out the following pages of this letter for your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and other account details.
When your card arrives, log in or enroll for online access at www.capitalone.com to set up your account, alerts and preferences.
Thanks for choosing Capital One.
Sincerely,
Capital One® Customer Care Team

15 REPLIES 15
ArabRising
New Visitor

Re: Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard with Experian Score 561

Message 2 of 16
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 16
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 4 of 16
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 5 of 16
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

I'm starting to hate cap1. Every denial letter they send has a score from 2-3 months ago. So frustrating. Never CLI across 3 cards over 3 years. Plus my secured card still hasn't graduated so it's getting closed this month. 

Message 6 of 16
LADave
Established Contributor

@LendMeTheLoot wrote:

I'm starting to hate cap1. Every denial letter they send has a score from 2-3 months ago. So frustrating. Never CLI across 3 cards over 3 years. Plus my secured card still hasn't graduated so it's getting closed this month. 

For soft pull CLIs, it's common for banks to use a score that 's at least a few weeks old. It does seem that Capital One may be using older scores than other banks.

Message 7 of 16
LADave
Established Contributor

@ArabRising wrote:

Got approved for the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard not sure what my FICO versions are but per Credit Karma TransUnion is 632 before apply for and accepting this card of course and Equifax is a 640. I applied for my initial capital one quicksilver in December well within the typical six month window capital one makes one wait for a automatic decline for a second card. 

I decided to run the pre approval for the Walmart card online and of course it states the standard we will attempt to approve you for the higher universal rewards Mastercard card but if not we will attempt to qualify you for the Walmart store card. The preapproval determined I was approved for the Mastercard. I ran the application and was instantly approved for a $500 limit with what capital one pulled as a 561 Experian Score with a 29.99% Interest rate. I had 3 hard inquiries with transunion and equifax before applying now have 4 and Experian seems to have 6 hard inquires. I will include my approval letter if I can get that and my rate attached to help with transparency purposes. 

clearly the data points are allowing customers to obtaining capital one cards within six months of each other I think I only waited 2 1/2-3 months between my last application approval. 

Dear blank,
March 22, 2024
Re: blank Creditor: Capital One N.A.
Great news, you've been approved for a Capital One® Walmart Rewards Card with a $500 credit limit. You should receive a Welcome Kit with your new card soon.
Check out the following pages of this letter for your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and other account details.
When your card arrives, log in or enroll for online access at www.capitalone.com to set up your account, alerts and preferences.
Thanks for choosing Capital One.
Sincerely,
Capital One® Customer Care Team

Congratulations on the Walmart C1 approval!

The image you shared implies it's an Experian  FICO score. Based on other DPs I've seen it probably isn't a FICO 8 score, but a mortgage score based on an older FICO model that's more conservative/cautious than FICO 8 (the most common FICO score model used for credit decisions). Judging by the difference between your Credit Karma scores and the score Capital One gave you, I'm guessing that your FICO 8 scores are probably higher than the score Capital One gave you. (Credit Karma scores use a model called VantageScore 3.0 that isn't really used for lending decisions.)

Based on the score that Capital One gave you, the card is probably in a Capital One customer "bucket" that will limit the kinds of CLIs you get on it. But CLIs are still possible - and they can even be automatic after 6 months if you use it heavily and pay it off regularly. As your scores improve over time, you can get other Capital One cards that are in more favorable "buckets" for CLIs.

Message 8 of 16
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your newWally card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.