Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion only HP?

tag
Wu-Credit
Contributor

TransUnion only HP?

Any issuers that only pull TransUnion? I have zero inquires there and am curious if so.

Also, if I froze all except TransUnion and applied for a C1 card, would it go through? Thanks!

Edit: sorry mods, please move to Applications thread

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Re: TransUnion only HP?

Barclays is usually a TU pull.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 2 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Selectively freezing certain reports will generally result in the lender holding up you application... or an outright denial.

Of course there may be occasional exceptions but those aren't the norm. Cap One always pulls all three bureaus.

Message 3 of 12
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

It seems to be regional, but I was just approved by us b with only tu unfrozen.  More info here,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Which-Report-Will-They-Pull-Part-2/td-p/63797...

Message 4 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Alliant FCU. Minor hoop to go through to qualify for membership.

I've seen reports of success with C1 when 1 report was frozen, never seen anyone report success with 2 frozen.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 12
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Alliant FCU. Minor hoop to go through to qualify for membership.

I've seen reports of success with C1 when 1 report was frozen, never seen anyone report success with 2 frozen.

Worked for me with usb. I looked on the Myfico link above, it said they pull tu, that's the only one I thawed.

Message 6 of 12
DXness
New Contributor

Synchrony is a well-known TU puller, however they use VantageScore 4.0 rather than any flavor of FICO.  My TU VS4 has been running more than 30-40 points below TU8 and it's extremely volatile, like VS 3.0.  Changes in utilization have caused me to lose and regain almost 40 points in VS4 while FICO barely went down and up.  It would be difficult to know what your VS4 is before applying, although Synch is not very selective and is also not very sensitive to inquiries or new accounts.  They are not a lot of peoples' favorite lender, but they issue a lot of the store and co-branded cards on the market.

__

Rebuilding, FICO 8s as of February 2024:

Message 7 of 12
Wu-Credit
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback everyone! From the list, I'm actually looking at BMO and their cash back with $200 sub. Seems like a solid TU pull.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 8 of 12
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Hey, I just collected a $400 checking sub from bmo. You might double dip.

Message 9 of 12
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Hey, I just collected a $400 checking sub from bmo. You might double dip.

I actually hit them up for $400 a few months ago! Haha. I keep getting mailers for their cc since then.

Also, US Bank pulls EQ in my region. I'm in Florida, two approvals last year and one denial. EQ every time.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.