Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi number to call for recon on limit?

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Citi number to call for recon on limit?

I just applied for a City Simplicity to do a balance transfer, but I didn't get the limit that I would have liked.  There are quite a few "backdoor" numbers listed for Citi, but not sure which one to call for this situation?  I'd just like them to reconsider my limit and hopefully give me more.  

Here are the numbers that I saw in the backdoor thread:

Citi: 888-201-4523 (New App Approval Status)
Citi AA: 888-662-7759
Citi App Status: 800-645-7240, 800-288-4653, 800-750-7453
Citi: 800-763-9795 (App status?? They ask for your app #)
Citi Credit Bureau Dispute Fax: 866-713-5028
Citi EO for the Citi Cards division: 605-331-1698 (Open at 9AM CST) ~popamode72

Citi Retail Banking EO: 866-336-7285  ~maiden_girl (updated 7/2018 to include "Retail Banking" ~ request by Citi)

Citi: 301-733-5501 (New App Status) ~eagle2013
Citi: 800-695-5171 (New App Status appears w/decision ability?) - Bubka3

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi number to call for recon on limit?

Update:

I called the last number on the list 800-695-5171 which I also saw on a Doctor of Credit post as being a recon line.  They said that they could not reconsider the credit limit, but once I get the card in the mail, call the number on the back of the card and request a CLI.

I kind of doubt that I'd get approved for a regular CLI on the same day that I activate the account, but I guess I'll give it a shot.  I have had some success in the past with calling the recon line and asking for a higher limit right after approval, but apparently not with Citi.  

Message 2 of 8
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Please keep us updated. A few days ago I requested a CLI. Received the two to three days we'll let you know response. Nothing yet.

Message 3 of 8
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

I received the card in the mail today.  After activating, I was able to hit the CLI button on the website, but it said there was a technical error and it could not submit my CLI request and to call customer service.

I called customer service and they said they could submit a CLI for me but because the account had just been activated, that the CLI would be denied and I had to wait 6 months.  

I've read of people getting a CLI after only 6 weeks, so I guess I'll just check back on the website from time to time and see if I get lucky with the luv button.

Message 4 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
mgood
Valued Contributor

@dlister70 wrote:

I called customer service and they said they could submit a CLI for me but because the account had just been activated, that the CLI would be denied and I had to wait 6 months.  

My last CLI bumped it from $10.9k to $13.9k. I called and asked if they could just give me another hundred bucks to make it an even $14k. I was told nope, have to wait 6 months. I have no problem with the general size of the limit, but the point nine bugs me a little.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of June 3
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 6 of 8
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Good luck on your future CLI!!

Message 7 of 8
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Congrats and good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.