Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that only use TransUnion

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that only use TransUnion

@AJ67 @coldfusion  agree about barclays, BUT barclay's has an amazing Reconsideration department.

I literally had a lady tell me once on their line " you lookin' for a recon?" like she said 'recon' not  reconsideration or re evaluation or escalation but literally used slang for recon lol..

Barlcya's is very new account sensitive. 

I think you'd be on the cusp of approval, but they are very very easy to talk your way into an approval with their very very friendly recon line/underwriting. I reconned my way into a Travelocity Amex approval for 6500 with a 660'ish TU FICO score over ten years ago. I moved the limit around and closed the account eventually. 

as far as boa, I think they hard pulled me for CLIs :-( but that was a loong time ago.

even on barclay's other limited co branded offerings in the US, like the barnes and nobles card, they offer 15 mos 0% with a 5% bt fee I think. I liked Barclays to an extent. They also used to send me lotsa blank checks for like 5.99% for 12 mos no fee or 0% for 9 mos 4% fee. They do things a little bit differently and other people ahve experienced lotsa AA with them for new accounts. I never experienced any of that personally except one time they CLD my barclay arrival from 20k down to 8300 and I called and got it reinstated. They cld'ed me cause I took a cash advance for fun. lol ofc I paid it back almost instantly.

no matter what you do, I think it's a good idea to FREEZE your other reports (again can be done for free ) when you apply for anything that you're expecting to pull TU. The truth is lenders can pull any CRAs and some use diff CRAs for diff purposes ie pre approval from one CRA and final approval with a HP from another. 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 17
AJ67
New Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Barclay is a quirky lender and has historically been somewhat sensitive to new accounts, but if you're denied call them and ask for a reconsideration.  You'll be transferred to an analyst who can update to an approval on the spot if you make a convincing enough case.

I'm trying to think of a convincing explanation for having 3 new accounts in the last 2 months  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
AJ67
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

@AJ67 @coldfusion  agree about barclays, BUT barclay's has an amazing Reconsideration department.

I literally had a lady tell me once on their line " you lookin' for a recon?" like she said 'recon' not  reconsideration or re evaluation or escalation but literally used slang for recon lol..

I think you'd be on the cusp of approval, but they are very very easy to talk your way into an approval with their very very friendly recon line/underwriting. I reconned my way into a Travelocity Amex approval for 6500 with a 660'ish TU FICO score over ten years ago. I moved the limit around and closed the account eventually. 

as far as boa, I think they hard pulled me for CLIs :-( but that was a loong time ago.

even on barclay's other limited co branded offerings in the US, like the barnes and nobles card, they offer 15 mos 0% with a 5% bt fee I think. I liked Barclays to an extent. They also used to send me lotsa blank checks for like 5.99% for 12 mos no fee or 0% for 9 mos 4% fee. They do things a little bit differently and other people ahve experienced lotsa AA with them for new accounts. I never experienced any of that personally except one time they CLD my barclay arrival from 20k down to 8300 and I called and got it reinstated. They cld'ed me cause I took a cash advance for fun. lol ofc I paid it back almost instantly.

no matter what you do, I think it's a good idea to FREEZE your other reports (again can be done for free ) when you apply for anything that you're expecting to pull TU. The truth is lenders can pull any CRAs and some use diff CRAs for diff purposes ie pre approval from one CRA and final approval with a HP from another. 

It's good to know that they are so pleasant as to the reconsideration process to the point of using its nickname ..lol

Message 13 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@AJ67  Ill never forget that recon call with barclay's LOL... she almost instantly said "you lookin for a recon" just like that...in either a deep south or deep north accent I think it was .. . hahahaaa

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 17
IWO

Thanks for posting this information friends, I have a couple old CO's on experian only and it is 40 points lower than transunion and equifax, so this was very helpful in selecting a servicer that does not use experian. 

Message 15 of 17
7774x
Established Contributor

BOA is like a 70/80% chance theyll pull TU and Discover the same as well as most Synchrony bank products.

Id freeze the other two CRAs (can be done for free on their websites) and apply for those. 

cap one will pull all three but you can get approved with tu only open and just take one credit hit by freezing the other two.

I dont think chase or citi will pull TU in any circumstance.

Last 2 Chase cards pulled EX

Message 16 of 17
Janneman
Established Contributor

@AJ67 wrote:

It's good to know that they are so pleasant as to the reconsideration process to the point of using its nickname ..lol

Don't assume Barclay's reconsideration people to be pleasant and nice. They have so many people in there, and each and everyone wouldn't be nice and pleasant. It depends who you would get over the phone. I have had a terrible experience when I contacted them upon denial of one of my applications. The lady was rude and right away told me that Barclay's will not and can not reconsider because I have had 6/24....and this happened while I have been holding another card from them for many years which I regularly use. So, your new accounts do matter to them but it depends on how many new accounts you got in 24 months.

Since you were planning to get all these cards then I don't know why you didn't try to get all these cards at the same time. I would have done it because then I would not have to face this new accounts issue and all my accounts would have grown together...Though there are some (little) consequences of getting many cards at the same time, but those are minor. I got 14 cards at the same time, and applied for them on same day....and they got all approved. However, one lender closed my account after a month or two because of this...means obtaining too many new cards....but all others were and are no problem.....YMMV....

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.