Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that only use TransUnion

tag
AJ67
New Contributor

Credit Cards that only use TransUnion

I have about 3 inquiries in EXP and 2 inquiries in EQ. However, I only have 1 inquiry in TU. It was about a year ago. I want to get one more credit card that has a 0% interest for BT. So I'm trying to find one that pulls a TU. I think I'll have a better chance for approval.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Classroom-Middle
Established Member

Re: Credit Cards that only use TransUnion

This depends on where you live but heres a short list ... Navy Fed, BMO harris, US Bank, Apple FCU, Teachers FCU, Elan Financial, The Apple Card, The GM card.  good luck.

Message 2 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This thread has fallen by the wayside but it should at least give you some idea of likely candidates depending on which state you live in.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 17
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Barclays usually pulls TU.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 17
AJ67
New Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

This thread has fallen by the wayside but it should at least give you some idea of likely candidates depending on which state you live in.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Thank you so much! This thread has a wealth of helpful information.

Message 5 of 17
AJ67
New Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

Barclays usually pulls TU.

Thanks. I'm considering Barclays!

Message 6 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BOA is like a 70/80% chance theyll pull TU and Discover the same as well as most Synchrony bank products.

Id freeze the other two CRAs (can be done for free on their websites) and apply for those. 

cap one will pull all three but you can get approved with tu only open and just take one credit hit by freezing the other two.

I dont think chase or citi will pull TU in any circumstance.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 17
AJ67
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

BOA is like a 70/80% chance theyll pull TU and Discover the same as well as most Synchrony bank products.

Id freeze the other two CRAs (can be done for free on their websites) and apply for those. 

cap one will pull all three but you can get approved with tu only open and just take one credit hit by freezing the other two.

Thanks for your insight!

Last month I got Discover...they only pulled EXP.

I'm thinking to apply for Barclays AARP Essential Reward Master Card. I already checked they almost always pull TU. In addition, you don't have to have an AARP membership to apply. My TU FiCO 8 score is now 780. 2 Months ago it was over 800, but I opened 3 new accounts in the last 2 months...so my score dropped. What I'm worried about is the number of new accounts. I was gardening for about 4 years as to credit cards. however, over a year ago I got an auto loan.

Message 8 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BoA almost exclusively pulls Experian for new credit applications although they did HP Equifax for my last card with them.  Their go-to for CLI requests are Transunion soft pulls.

(5/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AJ67 wrote:

Thanks for your insight!

Last month I got Discover...they only pulled EXP.

I'm thinking to apply for Barclays AARP Essential Reward Master Card. I already checked they almost always pull TU. In addition, you don't have to have an AARP membership to apply. My TU FiCO 8 score is now 780. 2 Months ago it was over 800, but I opened 3 new accounts in the last 2 months...so my score dropped. What I'm worried about is the number of new accounts. I was gardening for about 4 years as to credit cards. however, over a year ago I got an auto loan.

Barclay is a quirky lender and has historically been somewhat sensitive to new accounts, but if you're denied call them and ask for a reconsideration.  You'll be transferred to an analyst who can update to an approval on the spot if you make a convincing enough case.

(5/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.