cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card companies using old credit reports when we apply!

tag
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

Re: Credit Card companies using old credit reports when we apply!

Yeah, that is weird. I can only assume they don't bother with a soft pull if they determine you're not eligible due to account specifics.

My quicksilver just got a $100 increase too(first in it's 2 year life). Very underwhelming. Reason is always "no experience with large credit lines." They showed some love this month though, taking my walmart from 300-800 and my kohls from 700-1500. Can't be too mad. I just want an open-loop with a usable limit.

Navy has beat them to it, so it's getting a couple small autopay bills on it and auto statement payments and going in the sock drawer until they wise up. I run my monthly spend through it currently and pay it off bi-weekly.

Message 21 of 22
MikeyMagic
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Card companies using old credit reports when we apply!

@LendMeTheLoot wrote:

Yeah, that is weird. I can only assume they don't bother with a soft pull if they determine you're not eligible due to account specifics.

My quicksilver just got a $100 increase too(first in it's 2 year life). Very underwhelming. Reason is always "no experience with large credit lines." They showed some love this month though, taking my walmart from 300-800 and my kohls from 700-1500. Can't be too mad. I just want an open-loop with a usable limit.

Navy has beat them to it, so it's getting a couple small autopay bills on it and auto statement payments and going in the sock drawer until they wise up. I run my monthly spend through it currently and pay it off bi-weekly.

Well I got approved 2 weeks ago for the Savor One and got a $1000 so I am crossing my fingers this card isn't bucketed or bucketed hard like the Platinum/Quicksilver I have with the $400 limit.

So maybe Capital One will actually use my actual credit report to be fair with me when I eventually apply for a CLI. Crossing my fingers but a $1000 limit to me seems like a windfall compared to a $300 limit then $400 limit lol.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.