Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex double pull

tag
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Amex double pull

I was looking at my hard pull history and noticed that amex did a double pull on me last year when I apped for bce. I'm pretty sure I was preapproved, too. They pulled experian and transunion. Is this typical of just me?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex double pull

Very common for Amex to double pull. 

Message 2 of 11
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

My understanding is that double pulls (EX and TU) are the norm for new customers (those with past history may get a single EX), and on subsequent cards you may end up with just a soft pull approval.  I was an EX and TU pull for my BCP.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 3 of 11
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Any others known for multi pulls, beside capone?

Message 4 of 11
bytechma
New Contributor

I was double pulled for the Amex Optima card

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000

BOA Cards with Preferred Rewards Platinum (50% boost)
Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | Customized Cash Rewards $22,000 (AU) | Premium Rewards $19,400 (AU)

Business Cards
Nav Prime $11,000 | Amex Blue Business Plus $12,800(AU)

Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Any others known for multi pulls, beside capone?

Chase sometimes double pulls.

For me it's always been a single pull, though.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 6 of 11
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Chase and Citi both double pull for me (EX & EQ) in Florida.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 7 of 11
keekers
Established Contributor

I got double pulled for both of my Chase cards in TX.

Message 8 of 11
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

was double pulled for my first 2 Amex cards. havent been pulled at all for all the other Amex cards since

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 9 of 11
Dilbert934
Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

My understanding is that double pulls (EX and TU) are the norm for new customers (those with past history may get a single EX), and on subsequent cards you may end up with just a soft pull approval.  

I was approved for the Delta SkyMiles Reserve card while my credit was frozen. Only thing I saw was a soft pull. I wasn't even aware it was frozen until I checked for who they pulled from and then remembered I had Frozen it a few months ago.

Amex Skymiles ReserveAmex Skymiles PlatinumAmex Blue Cash PreferredAmex GoldAmex EverydayBank Of America Preferred RewardsChase FreedomChase Freedom UnlimitedDiscover Cash BackBP VisaLowesBest BuyTarget Red CardWF Jewelry AdvantageHome DepotWalmartSynchrony Car CareChevron (Since High School)PayPal Credit
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.