cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Rewards Approved - Alaska Air: Should I?

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

B of A Rewards Approved - Alaska Air: Should I?

Happy quiet Thursday, all! I rarely pop in here, and I know I said I was going to be in the garden for a few years. But, alas, I opened a B of A rewards card this week because they kept hounding me ($24K LOC) and I want a little extra time with the 0% to pay off our moving expenses. I got a B of A/Alaska Airlines branded card "preapproval" mailer a few weeks back and it's awful tempting...I do fly the airline often and they have a screaming deal for 70,000 miles and 0% balance transfer offer. I know they have approval rules at B of A and I don't want to upset the apple cart. Other option is a 0% purchase and transfer balance offer at Discovercard but I don't want to do both. My scores are all 827, 811, 801 ish zone ATM (finally, after all the years). All your words of wisdom are welcome. P.S. My signature is 14 years old...
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: B of A Rewards Approved - Alaska Air: Should I?

There was a poster a while back. A hp was reused and a 2nd card, equally generous, was approved. While YMMV, if you haven't opened an excessive amount of cards recently, perhaps freeze report, and see if they do indeed reuse? I can confirm its a sp for CLI's every 91 days. From what I've read, they are likely to reuse up to 30 days. Hopefully that will help in your decision. Maybe others can chime in.

Message 2 of 6
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

There was a poster a while back. A hp was reused and a 2nd card, equally generous, was approved. While YMMV, if you haven't opened an excessive amount of cards recently, perhaps freeze report, and see if they do indeed reuse? I can confirm its a sp for CLI's every 91 days. From what I've read, they are likely to reuse up to 30 days. Hopefully that will help in your decision. Maybe others can chime in.

I'm not sure if they're still reusing the same pull for multiple  cards now but I was able to get both the Unlimited Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards in Feb 2023 with the same hp ( app'd for both cards about 5 days apart). And I got the same 20.8K SL with the same 0% apr offer for both cards. I was 3/12 for new accts when I applied, they pulled EX ( in NY) and I believe I was 3/24 for inquiries at the time. I agree with @Traveler101 that you should freeze your reports and see if they bite. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pattycake wrote:
Happy quiet Thursday, all! I rarely pop in here, and I know I said I was going to be in the garden for a few years. But, alas, I opened a B of A rewards card this week because they kept hounding me ($24K LOC) and I want a little extra time with the 0% to pay off our moving expenses. I got a B of A/Alaska Airlines branded card "preapproval" mailer a few weeks back and it's awful tempting...I do fly the airline often and they have a screaming deal for 70,000 miles and 0% balance transfer offer. I know they have approval rules at B of A and I don't want to upset the apple cart. Other option is a 0% purchase and transfer balance offer at Discovercard but I don't want to do both. My scores are all 827, 811, 801 ish zone ATM (finally, after all the years). All your words of wisdom are welcome. P.S. My signature is 14 years old...

Since you have such good plans for the Alaska Airlines card I think you should go for it.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 4 of 6
pattycake
Established Contributor

I did and got a $24K LOC with the Alaska card. Considering Frontier now because flights from PDX-PHX are so cheap with them. Plus, they are offering 60K miles and almost two years of free bags and upgrades.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 5 of 6
kh_jenn
Administrator

Congratulations on your approval! This thread is now locked to new replies, but please feel free to continue your discussion in the Approvals board.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.