cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cash back business card should I apply for? (746 FICO but only 9 months credit history)

tag
Ack226

Re: What cash back business card should I apply for? (746 FICO but only 9 months credit history)

@Barkius wrote:

Keeping in mind though that if you apply for a business card too soon after getting the personal card they will do a second hard pull, which happened to me.

Yikes! Thanks for letting me know. Any idea how long I need to wait after getting the personal Amex card before applying for the business card to ensure there's no HP?

Message 11 of 12
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Re: What cash back business card should I apply for? (746 FICO but only 9 months credit history)

@GZG wrote:

@Ack226 wrote:

@GZG wrote:

honestly, get an Amex personal card so you can get future Amex business cards with no HP, and to bolster your personal profile, you'll need/want more cards 

Does Amex work like that both ways?  If I'm approved for a personal card I don't get an HP when applying for a business card.  Or, if I get a business card first then there's no HP for personal cards after that?

no, you have to have a personal card to stop being HP'd on business cards

until you get a personal amex card, all business apps will be a HP

I have never heard about this before and was always told that the first card receives a HP and subsequent cards a SP (most likely).  I've got several AMEX cards and have only received one HP but my first was a personal card so I can't say for certain by personal experience.  

I would also consider the GM business card, no HP unless you accept the offer, 12 months 0% apr

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.