Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Insights on Wells Fargo & PNC Unsecured Business LOC for a New Business

tag
CreditMonkey82

Seeking Insights on Wells Fargo & PNC Unsecured Business LOC for a New Business

Hello everyone!

I'm reaching out to the community for some guidance and to gather personal experiences regarding securing an unsecured line of credit for a new business with either Wells Fargo or PNC.

My business was established in January 2024, and I'm currently exploring financing options to support its growth. Based on my research and conversations with bank representatives, here's what I understand so far:

• Wells Fargo: Offers a business line of credit ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 for businesses under 2 years old. This requires a personal guarantee and a minimum FICO score of 680.
  • PNC: Their website mentions a preference for businesses with at least two years under the same ownership for traditional lending solutions, though other options might exist for newer businesses. They offer a line of credit between $20,000 and $100,000. A recent call with a PNC representative suggested I might still be eligible.

Given the current tightening of market conditions, I'm keen to learn from your experiences, particularly:

1. Recency of Application: When did you last apply for a business line of credit with either Wells Fargo or PNC? This will help me gauge the current lending climate.
  2. Approval Timeframe: How long did the application process take from submission to approval?
  3. Impact of Credit Inquiries: My personal FICO score is around 710, but I have 4 recent hard pulls (2 from Amex, 1 from Chase, and 1 from BOA which was denied due to too many recent inquiries). How might this affect my application?

Any insights, tips, or experiences you can share would be immensely valuable in helping me decide the best path forward for my business.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Amex Biz Gold | Amex Biz Plat | Chase Ink Preferred $5k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Seeking Insights on Wells Fargo & PNC Unsecured Business LOC for a New Business

I can provide some insight on Wells Fargo.
My recent BLOC application was a little over six months ago, I took an EX HP though my scores are all over 800. Approval came 48 hours later and no other additional documents were required

Good luck

Message 2 of 3
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: Seeking Insights on Wells Fargo & PNC Unsecured Business LOC for a New Business

Did they check the Fico 9 they provide or Fico 8 ?

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.