Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Card blocked?

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Sams Card blocked?

I have bene trying to see why my card is blocked, as I am trying to access my online account and saw a message  that stated: Online Access for this User ID is currently unavailable.Please contact online Administrator, or call customer care for"

Called 1 rep who stated there was a block, trasnfered me over to a rep who stated this is a business account, said yes and hung up on me. She didnt know what she was doing 

Called again, this time got the business line whom didnt see a block? Again transfered over to online support. After 25 minutes on the phone, decided to hang up and call on Monday, since automation was able to tell me my payment posted on the account and no payment was due.

I am thinking this CC is a timebomb, Payment of $271 was done on it and charge of $162 was done on 04/02/24. No issues a couple of days of ago and today access is blocked and so is my card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: Sams Card blocked?

That type of customer service would make me very nervous and I'd probably look to get out. If they can't handle something like that, in my mind the likelihood of them screwing something up that would impact my credit report seems high. I don't want that headache. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

I have bene trying to see why my card is blocked, as I am trying to access my online account and saw a message  that stated: Online Access for this User ID is currently unavailable.Please contact online Administrator, or call customer care for"

Called 1 rep who stated there was a block, trasnfered me over to a rep who stated this is a business account, said yes and hung up on me. She didnt know what she was doing 

Called again, this time got the business line whom didnt see a block? Again transfered over to online support. After 25 minutes on the phone, decided to hang up and call on Monday, since automation was able to tell me my payment posted on the account and no payment was due.

I am thinking this CC is a timebomb, Payment of $271 was done on it and charge of $162 was done on 04/02/24. No issues a couple of days of ago and today access is blocked and so is my card?

I agree with @keekers that this might be problematic.

I would certainly hold off on using it for a month or two until you can see where this is going.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 3 of 5
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

I work business/enterprise/govt for a tech company and the message doesn't appear to me as an indication that your account or card are  "blocked" per se. These are just some possibilities that come to my mind:

-Business account portal undergoing a system update. Many companies choose to do this on weekends.

-A system wide issue is impacting either all or specific geo located business customers.

-Internal customer account access for service reps is segmented by job category or function. Therefore consumer call taking reps can't view everything on business accounts; business call taking reps can't view everything on consumer accounts.

-The company utilizes a vendor for customer support during off hours/weekends. Often vendor employees are only given limited customer account access.

-Your account & card are "locked" for a security reason such as too many login attempts or an unusual event; because it's a weekend the dept that's needed to unlock a business account is either closed or minimally staffed. 

I'm thinking this should likely get explained and resolved to your satisfaction by early Monday. 

Message 4 of 5
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@GreatLife wrote:

I work business/enterprise/govt for a tech company and the message doesn't appear to me as an indication that your account or card are  "blocked" per se. These are just some possibilities that come to my mind:

-Business account portal undergoing a system update. Many companies choose to do this on weekends.

-A system wide issue is impacting either all or specific geo located business customers.

-Internal customer account access for service reps is segmented by job category or function. Therefore consumer call taking reps can't view everything on business accounts; business call taking reps can't view everything on consumer accounts.

-The company utilizes a vendor for customer support during off hours/weekends. Often vendor employees are only given limited customer account access.

-Your account & card are "locked" for a security reason such as too many login attempts or an unusual event; because it's a weekend the dept that's needed to unlock a business account is either closed or minimally staffed. 

I'm thinking this should likely get explained and resolved to your satisfaction by early Monday. 

The card was blocked by accident, is what I was told? No other explanation was giving to me. I know have access to my log in, online and its working.  For them to do this with no explanation is perplexing and warrants more caution with this card, especially with the customer service

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.