Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for business checking

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Recommendations for business checking

For an early stage DE C Corp, which business checking accounts do you recommend? Do you recommend going for Chase?

PS: In the early stage, my C Corp is self-funded. If luckly, I might get some VC funds in 2-3 months.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Recommendations for business checking

I'd first think about the checking account features which will you need for your business.  ACH In / Out, writing physical checks?  ATMs?  Low fees, no fees ?   Physical branch locations important, cash deposts ?   International transactions?   Frequent transfers between any personal accounts at other banks or CUs ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Free ACH in/out, free check (or low fee), limited or no monthly fee, no plaid, no international transaction, ~10 times per month transfer from personal account, no ATM fee (in network).

There are several branches of big banks with walking distance to my house (Chase, US Bank, BOA, Wells Fargo, Citi). I want to see whether it is good to go for big banks or local credit unions?

Also, do VCs prefer any bank like SVB to work with startups?

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

For an early stage DE C Corp, which business checking accounts do you recommend? Do you recommend going for Chase?

PS: In the early stage, my C Corp is self-funded. If luckly, I might get some VC funds in 2-3 months.

I consider Chase the best for business checking.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 4 of 13
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I was talking to Amex and it looks like they almost meet my needs. Their product is digital and it provides free digital checks. If needed, they will send physical checks to the customers that I want for free. But if I want physical checks, it should get ordered via a 3rd party that can charge fees. The only fee that they mentioned was the same day outgoing ACH ($10).

For start, I will go for Chase biz checking (its branch is one block a way from my home Smiley Happy). I may consider Amex biz checking later.

Message 5 of 13
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Does opening a business checking account at Chase (or other major banks) induce a HP on personal Chexsystems? If yes, how sensitive is it to inquiries on Chexs?

Message 6 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Does opening a business checking account at Chase (or other major banks) induce a HP on personal Chexsystems? If yes, how sensitive is it to inquiries on Chexs?

I don't know.  Somehow I doubt Chase's business section concerns itself with stuff like that.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 7 of 13
SMB85
New Contributor

If you don't need any brick and mortar access, look at Mercury. No fees, sweep for larger balances, free ACH/wires, instant transfers between multiple companies/accounts within Mercury.

Message 8 of 13
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

I consider Chase the best for business checking.

@SouthJamaica  totally agree thatChase is the best for business checking and for business relationship!

Message 9 of 13
keekers
Established Contributor

I have no complaints with Chase and they offer quite a few "add ons".

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.