Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with multiple companies at the same address

tag
JimmiS
Established Member

Dealing with multiple companies at the same address

Since I work from home and have roomates in business, I was advised to slightly change the home address for each company in the household to avoid conflicts when applying to the same bank. The post office still delivers mail addressed to STE 102A even though the official address is APT 102. Is this sound advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Dealing with multiple companies at the same address

@JimmiS wrote:

Since I work from home and have roomates in business, I was advised to slightly change the home address for each company in the household to avoid conflicts when applying to the same bank. The post office still delivers mail addressed to STE 102A even though the official address is APT 102. Is this sound advice?

Honestly I'm not sure that they'll be too concerned about addresses matching other businesses when you apply.   I'd be more concerned to ensure that any business documentation you have matches the address you submit when applying, in the event you have to provide it to any creditors. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Apt 102, Room 102, #102, Ste 102, Office 102, 102 should all work. Early in my career I had to sit through a one on one meeting with a postal official to learn about mail. The USPO reads from the bottom up.

Message 3 of 5
JimmiS
Established Member

I mean what if the address is STE 102A then another company STE 102B, etc.

Of course there's no problem using #, apt, ste, etc as a prefix. I'm talking about the suffix.

Message 4 of 5
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Go to a neighboring community and send a letter to the address you wish to use. Using my examples one would just have to line up the company with the description. Apt 102 would be for the CPA firm, Ste 102 would be for the investment firm, Room 102 would be for a computer repair firm.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.